Friday, February 16, 2018

Song by Marilyn Vickers & Tony's News 2/15-16/18

I sang that song in Dallas, TX around 1980.

Song: Under the Rock
I am under the rock, the rock that's higher than I
Jehovah hide me, I am under the rock
Go tell my enemies, I am under the rock
Jehovah hide me, I am under the rock

Psalm 61:1-4
Hear my cry, O God Attend to my prayer.
From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For You have been a shelter for me,
A strong tower from the enemy.
I will abide in Your tabernacle forever;
I will trust in the shelter of Your wings. 

Dorothy: Thank you Marilyn Vickers for that song and verses. Very inspiring!
I went on with some research on verse, “Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.” I found Matthew 16:18 that Jesus is the Rock of the Church, “upon this ROCK I will build My church . . .” He will gather the people unto Himself through the gospel that the disciples has started right after the day of Pentecost. Peter is the little rock and Peter would say, “Lead me to the Rock that is Jesus who is higher than I.” It is the Jesus Christ who is the Rock the first and great foundation the church (1 Cor. 3:11).

News of Tony: Yesterday on Feb. 15th, 2018, I noticed Tony has improved in his walking when he came to the back door of the car. He folded his walker, put it in the back floor of the car and he closed the door. Then Tony's left hand lean on the car as he walked himself to the front open door and seated himself (with little help to ease his seating).  It was awesome to watch God’s hand on Tony day by day.  It's like little miracle in some days.
            I used Paul’s prayer on Tony: “Lord, I am praying this prayer for Tony.  God of our Lord, Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, Give unto Tony the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him:  I pray that the eyes of Tony’s understanding be enlightened; that Tony may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of glory of His inheritance in the saints. . .” 
            This idea came from Kenneth Hagin’s book that encourages us to pray individual’s name as he did prayed for his brother for ten days. His brother wrote to him saying, “It’s amazing how things have opened up for me. . .”  Kenneth quoted: "We can pray these prayers in Ephesians for them.  It is necessary to stay with it—morning and night, and more often if possible."
            Prayers from Ephesians 3:14-21; 1:16-20 and 1:3-9 which I was using Tony’s name instead of you or us. It helped me to be more specific in prayers for Tony’s need of healing. The reason is that: Tony asked what is God’s plan in this? So I pray that Tony may know what the hope of God’s calling upon him is.
            Tony is meeting with personal trainer today on Friday. Thank you for continue to pray for Tony.

No comments: