Saturday, February 24, 2018

Revive Me Again! Part 1 2/21-25/2018

21-25 February 2018 – Revive Me Again!  Part 1 of 2– Sharing Devotion by Dorothy  

John 10:10 “The thief comes … to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: [Jesus said] I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”

I just felt like I need to be ‘retrained or relearned’ by the help of Holy Spirit through His Word.  I happen to open to Isaiah chapter 37 to where Hezekiah seeks the Lord’s help.

The prayer impressed me from NLT: “O Lord, Almighty God of Israel, You alone are the God of all the kingdom of the earth.  You alone created the heavens and the earth. Listen to me, O Lord, and hear! Open Your eyes, O Lord, and see!” (Isaiah 37:16-17).

God spoke through Isaiah, the prophet to the King Hezekiah and answered his prayer about the King of Assyria who boast that he can enter Jerusalem and destroy their God.  At the end the angel of the Lord went out to the Assyrian camp and killed 185,000 Assyrian troops. The king of Assyria lost the battle and returned home.

This story encourages me that God had heard Hezekiah’s prayer about the king planned to destroy Jerusalem. And how God has delivered Hezekiah and spared Jerusalem. So I used this prayer against Satan our enemy.

According to John 10:10, The thief came to steal, to kill, and to destroy, but Jesus said, “I am come that you might have life and have it more abundantly.” Life is full of energy and abundant is plentiful; generous; ample or enough to satisfy. Supply far greater than needed. Oh Lord, I need this to remind me that You came to give me and Tony LIFE.

I have yet to see about “LIFE” and I also happen to read part of Frances Hunter’s book, Hotline to Heaven so it will go to part 2, Revive Me Again!

Song: Victory
I am trusting in the Lord,
I am standing on His Word,
Victory . . . victory . . .
I have peace and joy within,
Since my life is free from sin,
Victory . . . victory . . .
Chorus:
Victory . . . yes, victory . . .
Hallelujah! I am free,
Jesus gives me victory,
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
He is all . . . in all to me . . .
[Lyrics & Music: B.E. Warren, Sing His Praise]

Continue to part 2 and God bless you!

Dorothy 

No comments: