Thursday, February 1, 2018

Rock like Our God 2/1-3/2018

01-03 February 2018 - Rock like Our God – Manna from Dec.  27-29, 2013 - Bread Verse by Dorothy Callies

1 Samuel 2:2 “No one is holy like the LORD! There is no one besides You; There is no Rock like our God.”

Hannah praised God for being a Rock, a God who is firm, strong, and unchanging. In our fast-paced world, friends come and go, and circumstances change. It is difficult to find a solid foundation that will not change. Those who devote their lives to achievements, causes, or possessions have as their security which has some certain limits and often changeable. The possessions that we work so hard to get will all pass away. But God is always present. Hope in Him. He will never fail. [Part of the notes from resources]

Other references are good to share: Exodus 15:11 “Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? Who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?” Deuteronomy 4:35 “Unto thee it was showed, that thou might know that the Lord He is God; there is none else beside Him.”

Song: Praise the Name of Jesus
Praise the name of Jesus,
Praise the name of Jesus,
He’s my Rock, He’s my Fortress,
He’s my Deliverer, in Him will I trust,
Praise the name of Jesus.
[Roy Hicks, Jr. Psalm 18:1]

Feb. 1, 2018 Dorothy: This one really encourages me to remember that God is our Rock and I can hold on to Him, the Rock of Salvation. 1 Samuel 22:3 “The God of my Rock; in Him will I trust …” Psalm 18:2 “the Lord is my Rock …” Psalm 62:2 “He only is my Rock and my salvation; He is my defense …” Psalm 89:26 God said, “He (you) shall cry unto Me, ‘Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of salvation.’ ” Psalm 95:1 O come, let us sing unto the Lord: Let us make a joyful noise to the Rock of our Salvation. V2. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto Him with psalms (songs).

Isaiah 17:10 “… Thou hast forgotten the God of thy salvation, and has not been mindful of the rock of thy strength …” This verse give us a warning when Israel had forgotten God.  The commentary says “Forgetting God is not a sin limited to Israel. Jesus warns that the cares of this world, the deception of riches, the pursuit of material things, and the pleasure of sin can choke God’s word in the lives of believers (Mark 4:3-9, 14-20) and cause them to forget Him, to stop praying daily, and no longer to delight in Him or His word.  When this happens, we lose the blessing and presence of God.”  

Dorothy: Sometimes it is good to read what happen to Israel when they had forgotten God and how they suffer the consequences like Isaiah, the prophet wrote in chapter 17. It just made me realized, it is worth to keep being reminded that God is our rock of salvation. I felt relief to know that the Word of God reminded me that I am in the right path with God. Praise the name of Jesus! May God bless you.

No comments: