Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Will He Find Faith? 1/7-10/18

07-10 January 2017 –  Will He Find Faith? – Manna by Dorothy Callies
The point of this Manna: Jesus was trying to encourage us in our difficult time and that He has the answer for us. So search the Scripture and let Him speak His Word:

Luke 18:8, “. . . when the Son of man cometh, shall He find faith on the earth?”

Today on Jan. 8th, I just came to the point where my strength ran out, and my spirit was down. I felt like that some of us are going through some trying time.  A time when you felt like, God has failed us.  It felt like someone was having a “falling out” with God.  Maybe Holy Spirit was revealing to me what someone had been going through.

I just remember the word of Christ, “Find faith.” So I went to my technology Bible and found in Luke 18:8, “. . . when the Son of man cometh, shall He find faith on the earth?” NLT: “But when I the Son of Man, return, how many will I find who have faith?”

Remembering the story of a woman who did not give up with the ignorant judge who finally became weary and gave her what she needs. Jesus used this story of a widow from Luke 18:1-7. Jesus encouraged those who have prayed to God who might felt like God kept putting it off in answering prayers. 

Jesus said in NLT: “. . . so don’t you think God will surely give justice to His chosen people who plead with Him day and night?  Will He keep putting them off? Luke 18:8 “I tell you, He will grant justice to them quickly!  But when I, the Son of Man, return, how many will I find who have faith?”

I thought the commentary would be interested to share:  Jesus’ question in this verse probably shows that as the time for His return draws near, evil will become so dominant (much controlling) that many in the church will fall away from an honest faith. As we come near to the end of time, the question for each believer are:
            1) Am I persevering (keeping on) in faith, continuing steadfast (hold on) in prayer, and calling on God that justice may be done and His righteous cause triumph completely and forever?
            2) Or am I so preoccupied (so busy) with this life that I am not looking forward to Christ’s return and His eternal kingdom?

Dorothy: I am amazed that there was another “Falling Away” warning what Jesus has to say about “will He find faith” when He returns to earth. I remember an old story that one hero soldier who was supposed to come home by the train and that there were crowd of excited people waiting for him, but he didn’t show up. The next day, there were less crowd of anxiously people waiting for him, and again, he didn’t show up. The next day, fewer people waiting patiently for him, and again, he didn’t show up. The next day, the hero soldier finally came home from the train and only one person happily greet and hug him.

It’s like the same example:  Jesus is coming soon, will He find someone whose faith is very strong and hold on to His promise of coming that are willing to wait for Him? It is like unanswered prayers that God has His timing. Jesus said: “God has already heard your cry.” Be like a persistent widow who didn’t give up asking for help.

Prayer: God, Father teach us to deeply trust You that You will answer prayers. Help us to be like the persistent widow who did not give up to get help what she asked for. Thank You for the Scripture that reminds us to keep our faith in Your Word of promised. And that You promised to meet our needs in due season we shall reap. I thank You for that word of encouragement in Jesus’ name, amen!

No comments: