Friday, January 19, 2018

8 Steps to Divine Nature 1/18-21

18-21 January 2018 - Eight Steps to Divine Nature – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Let me begin with Tony’s testimony the small part that is so inspiring when he wrote the preaching sermon on 8 steps to divine nature in 1980’s.  It is found in 2 Peter 1:1-11 (read below verse 3-8). Tony wrote:
            “I remember way back to the days when I was a young Christian.  I was hungry for God’s blessings upon me.  So I made up my mind to seek God till I get His blessings.  Several minutes were easy for me to pray but no blessings.  I continued to pray some more.  My body “screamed” for comfort.  I used Temperance . . . brought my body under control with determination.  No blessings. 
            Then I used Patience . . . kept on praying some more without giving up.  No blessings.  I was ready to give up the whole idea of getting God’s blessings because I was tired and my body ached.
            God put into me a strong determination, Godliness that I was willing to pray on and on when I was so tired and had some pain in my body.  While praying with suffering the Heaven was opened and the blessings of God flooded my soul to an overflow.  I was full of joy.  I won the victory.  My tiredness and pain disappeared.  I felt like a new person again.”

            What was Tony’s secret that the heaven was opened and the blessings of God came? Tony wrote:
            “Godliness . . . God-like . . . Like God (same as God) . . .  It means EXTRA patience with some sufferings.  Before you understand about Godliness, you will have to know God first.  Have you ever thought of how much Patience God has for the world? How much?  The sins of the world have grieved God but God hold on a little longer for His judgment upon the world.  That is Godliness.  Why? . . . Because He wants the world to be saved through His Son Jesus Christ.
            Jesus hung on the cross with extra Patience, suffering and lots of pain.  That is Godliness.
            Do you ever suffer during prayer time?  That is where real victory comes in.  Blessing of God fall upon the Christians who are seeking God with Patience and some sufferings or pain.  That is Godliness.” [Then Tony wrote his testimony with his experience of how he received the blessings of God through determination and prayer with suffering.]

Reading from 2 Peter 1:3-8 NCV: “Jesus has the power of God, by which He has given us everything we need to live and to serve God.  We have these things because we know Him.  Jesus called us by His glory and goodness. Through these He gave us the very great and precious promises.  With these gifts you can share in being like God, and the world will not ruin you with its evil desires. Because you have these blessings, do your best to add these things to your lives:
             (1) to your faith, add goodness; and
            (2) to your goodness, add knowledge; and
            (3) to your knowledge, add self-control; and
            (4) to your self-control, add patience; and
            (5) to your patience, add service for God (Godliness); and
            (6) to your service for God (Godliness), add kindness for your brothers and                                sisters in Christ; and
            (7) to this kindness, add
            (8) love.
If all these things are in you and are growing, they will help you to be useful and productive (growing) in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Dorothy:  Tony shared his testimony with the Word of God, the “value of suffering” that comes from ‘Godliness.’  God had given Tony the determination which was the key to get him through prayers and Tony had received God’s blessings and healings for his tiredness and pains. Then Jesus reminds me of Luke 18, the story of a determined widow who got what she asked for. And that “we should always pray.”

I am overwhelmed with this blessed Manna that has really inspired me.  It made me realized that I need that determination to get through what God has led me to do. I believe this Manna encouraged you to keep on believing God’s great plan for you.

Song: My Savior’s Love
I stand amazed in the presence
Of Jesus the Nazarene,
And wonder how He could love me,
A sinner condemned unclean.
How marvelous! How wonderful!
And my song shall ever be;
How marvelous! How wonderful!
My Savior’s love for me!
(Written by Charles H. Gabriel)

May the Lord Jesus Christ blessed you!

Dorothy

No comments: