Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Enriched In Christ (1/21-22)

Song: The Windows of Heaven Are Open
The windows of heaven are open,
God's blessing are falling tonight.
There's joy, joy, joy in my heart,
Since Jesus made everything right.
I gave Him my old tattered garment,
He gave me a robe of pure white;
I'm feasting on manna from heaven,
And that's why I am happy tonight.
[Collection of Choruses]

Enriched in Christ - I Corinthians 1:4-5

KJV: I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ; That in everything ye are ENRICHED by Him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge.
AMP: I thank my God at all times for you because of the grace (the favor and spiritual blessing) of God which was bestowed on you in Christ Jesus. [So] that in Him in every respect you were ENRICHED, in full power and readiness of speech (to speak of your faith), and complete knowledge and illumination (to give you full insight unto its meaning).
NCV: I always thank my God for you because of the grace God has given you in Christ Jesus. I thank God because in Christ you have been MADE RICH in every way, in all your speaking and in all your knowledge.

Christ Live in You Richly - Colossians 3:16-17
KJV: Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing (encouraging) one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him.
NCV: Let the teaching of Christ live in you richly. Use all wisdom to teach and instruct each other by singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with thankfulness in your hearts to God. Everything you do or say should be done to obey Jesus your Lord. And in all you do, give thanks to God the Father through Jesus.

Dorothy: The word from the dictionary meaning, "enrich" has impressed me. It means to make rich or richer. Example: An education enriches your mind. Two letters, en means cause to be or make. The word rich means well supplied, valuable, and producing or yielding abundantly. Enrich really means made rich. I was blessed when the Holy Spirit brought the word to me "enrich." The windows of heaven are open when we sing and study God's word. [Part Revised from June 8, 2008 Fresh Manna Blog]

May God bless you today.

No comments: