Sunday, January 25, 2015

Brethren, Pray for Us (1/25/15)

2 Thessalonians 3:1 “Finally, Brethren, pray for us …”

Why did Paul asked the believers in Thessalonica to pray for him? The apostle Paul experienced danger and hardship as a missionary. He was imprisoned, shipwrecked, and beaten. It’s no surprise that his letter contained pleas for prayer.

He asked the believers in Thessalonica to pray for success in spreading the gospel—that God’s Word would “run swiftly and be glorified” (2 Thess.3:1). Paul knew he would need to “open [his] mouth boldly” and declare the gospel (Eph.6:19), which was yet another prayer request.

Story from Jennifer Benson Schuldt, The Daily Bread RBC: “A missionary recently visited the Bible study I was attending. She described what it had been like to pack up her household and relocate to a distant country. When she and her family arrived, they were greeted with a flourishing drug-trade and hazardous roadways.

The language barrier brought bouts [attack] of loneliness. They contracted four different stomach viruses. And her oldest daughter narrowly escaped death after falling through a railing on an unsafe stairwell. They needed prayer.”

Do you know any Missionaries who work with the Deaf that needs our prayers? It is as if this song was in their hearts, asking you to remember them in your prayer. Hear their hearts’ cry, “Will you pray for me?”

      SONG: WHEN YOU PRAY
At the close of the day when you kneel to pray,
will you remember me? I need help every day,
this is why I pray, Will you remember me?
Chorus:
When you pray will you pray for me,
For I need His Love and His care---
When you pray will you pray for me,
Will you whisper my name in your prayer?

When I pray I will pray for you,
For you need His Love and His care---
When I pray I will pray for you,
I will whisper your name in my prayer.
[Audrey Mieir]

No comments: