Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Destitute Part 1 (Jan. 5-8)

Psalm 141:8 “My eyes are upon You, O God the Lord; in You I take refuge; do not leave my soul destitute.”

To me, the word destitute is an important word to know. Here’s the meaning from the dictionary: 1: lacking something needed or desirable [destitute of the necessities of life] 2: extremely poor: suffering great want or need.

“Do not leave my soul destitute,” I might interpret a prayer like this: “I am missing something in my soul, Lord. I feel abandon, Lord! I feel like my soul is suffering and in agony, Lord! I feel like my soul is in great need from You, Lord! My soul is only happy when I think of Your Word of promise. My soul find a place of protection in You. You are my refuge, a place where I can hide in You.  

Many times an intercessor would feel like this. When we are praying through the expression of the Holy Spirit’s agony in us according to Romans 8:26b, “… the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groaning which cannot be expressed in words.” It means words itself cannot expressed the deep feelings of a destitute soul. To pray with them and to feel with them will bring a breakthrough for them to find God and a great deliverance from the power of darkness.

Our hope is also in Psalm 102:17, “He will regard the prayer of the destitute, and not despise their prayer.” In NIV it says, “He will respond to the prayer of the destitute; He will not despise their plea.”

God promised that He is concerned and has feelings for those who are in great destitute. The Holy Spirit searches your hearts and know what your inner spirit are facing. God does care what we are going through a destitute times. God is calling the intercessors to pray for one another and to bring a greater blessings into the year of 2015 for us.

Let us join with Diane Musil who felt burden to pray for the destitute souls until Jan. 25th. Let us pray and save their lives from being suicide and pray against the power of darkness, and allow the light of life into their souls and be able to see that God does care for them. Remember Holy Spirit is our helper. He will help us pray.

The Lord will richly bless you for your intercessory prayer for others.

No comments: