Friday, November 21, 2014

The Lord is Gracious 11/21

 Verse for the Day by Dorothy Callies

Psalm 145:8 KJV, “The Lord is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.”

The Lord is gracious is often repeated which expresses God’s delight in showing mercy.  When He sees misery, it moves His heart to compassion. He is slow to become angry at our offenses and quickly show mercy when forgiveness is requested.

1 Peter 2:3 KJV, “If so be if ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.” Peter explained to those who were babes in Christ and growing in Him, to remember not to take advantages of God’s kindness. It means that when God is gracious, it should encourage us to keep growing in Christ through much prayer and studying His Word.  

Let’s read different verses and get to know more about God’s awesome love. It might cause us to want to love Him even more. Psalms 145:8, 9, 13b, 17, 18 will tell us what the Lord is.

The Lord is kind and merciful, slow to get angry, full of unfailing love. V.9 The Lord is good to everyone. He showers compassion on all his creation. V. 13b The Lord is faithful in all He says; He is gracious in all He does. V. 17 The Lord is righteous in everything He does; He is filled with kindness. V. 18 The Lord is close to all who call on Him, yes, to all who call on Him sincerely” (NLT).  

Finally, it would causes us to say, “I will praise the Lord, and everyone on earth will bless His holy name forever and forever” Psalm 145:21.

SONG: SURELY GOODNESS AND MERCY
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days, all the days of my life;
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days, all the days of my life;
And I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever
And I shall feast at the table spread for me.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days, all the days of my life.
(Inspiring Choruses)



No comments: