Saturday, November 29, 2014

Do All Things 11/29

Philippians 4:13, KJV
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." 

Theme: Paul Thanks the Christians: Reading from Phil. 4:10-20, NCV.
10) I am very happy in the Lord that you have shown your care for me again. You continued to care about me, but there was no way for you to show it. 
11) I am not telling you this because I need anything. I have learned to be satisfied with things I have and have everything that happens.
12) I know how to live when I am poor, and I know how to live when I have plenty. I have learned the secret of being happy at anytime in everything that happens, when I have enough to eat and when I go hungry, when I have more than I need and when I do not have enough.
13) I can do all things through Christ, because he gives me strength.
14) But it was good that you helped me when I needed it.
15) You Philippians remember when I first preached the Good News there. When I left Macedonia, you were the only church that help me. 
16) Several times you sent me things I needed when I was in Thessalonica.
17) Really, it is not that I want to receive gifts from you, but I want you to have that good that comes from giving.
18) And now I have everything, and more. I have all I need, because Epaphroditus brought your gift to me. It is like a sweet-smelling sacrifice offered to God, who accepts that sacrifice and is pleased with it.
19) My God will use his wonderful riches in Christ Jesus to give you everything you need. 20) Glory to our God and Father forever and ever! Amen. 

Inspiration: What impressed me was that when the Holy Spirit guided me to give someone the money in time of need, my giving was "like a sweet-smelling sacrifice offered to God, who accepts that sacrifice and is pleased with it." No wonder I felt good when I gave something. 

Prayer: Thank You, Lord for having me to read this simply from the card verse and to understand why Paul had written Philippians 4:13. Awesome, Lord! Thank You again. May those who read this be blessed. In Jesus' name. Amen!  

No comments: