Thursday, November 20, 2014

Each Generation Tell 11/20

Verse for the Day by Dorothy Callies

Psalm 145:4 KJV, “One generation shall praise Thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts.” NLT, “Let each generation tell its children of Your mighty acts.”

In our daily worship we are made to remember the continuity of the praise of God that has gone on for three thousand years, with parents telling their children of God’s mighty acts. This is how we got the Bible because the generation pass along to the next generation.  

Psalm 145:5 KJV, “I will speak of the glorious honour of Thy majesty, and of Thy wondrous works.” NLT, “I will mediate on your majestic, glorious splendor and your wonderful miracles.”

So now this individual worshipper, one of the congregation as a body, pauses to mediate in his turn on thy wondrous works, really “thy wondrous words”; for an act of God is first a word He has spoken into space and time. In Genesis 1:3 “And God said, ‘Let there be light’ and there was light.” Then we mediate on God’s wondrous works from His spoken words.

Psalm 145:6-7 NLT, “Your awe-inspiring deeds will be on every tongue; I will proclaim Your greatness. Everyone will share the story of your wonderful goodness; they will sing with joy of Your righteousness.”

Prayer: Every day I will bless You, and I will praise You forever. I thank You for Your blessings and gifts to us. You are our Maker! You are our Redeemer! You are our Provider! We love You! We worship You! We adore You! You are a wonderful God! In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen and Amen!

SONG: HE’S THE ONE I LOVE
He’s the one I love in the morning
He’s the one I love at noon;
He’s the one at evening twilight,
He’s the one at midnight gloom;
He’s the oak and I’m the ivy
He’s the potter, I’m the clay;
For my Lord and me there’ll never
be a parting day.
(Inspiring Choruses)

Song: YOU’RE THE ONE I LOVE
You’re the one I love in the morning
You’re the one I love at noon;
You’re the one at evening twilight,
You’re the one at midnight gloom;
You’re the oak and I’m the ivy
You’re the potter, I’m the clay;
For my Lord and me there’ll never
be a parting day.
(More personal song to God)

No comments: