Monday, November 17, 2014

Generously Provide 11/17

2 Corinthians 9:8a, NLT “And God will generously provide all you need.”

I compare KJV with NLT and I was surprised to see a clear meaning. So I checked the NCV for another translation and it says, “And God can give you more blessings than you need.” KJV says, “And God is able to make all grace abound toward you …” Reading this, I realize that “grace abound toward you” means generously provide and more blessings than you need.

Actually, there’s more to this by reading as whole from 2 Cor. 9:6-8, but for now I just focus on one line on 2 Cor. 9:8a, the verse that impress me the most was about God Himself will generously provide all you need. When I got up in the morning, I notice that I have to keep up with my personal needs. Toilet papers must be there.

To brush my teeth, a toothpaste must be there. Alcohol must be there with cotton pads to wipe off the soil on my face skin. Three eye medicines, two of them must be there for morning drops.  Brushes and hair dryer, must be there. Soap or liquid soaps must be in the shower. Hair shampoo must be there to wash my hair. Wash cloths must be there to wash my face and body. Towels must be there to dry myself. More little things must be there.

Clothes must be there for me to get dressed. Now I realized what this verse meant “And God will generously provide all you need.” Holy Spirit opened my eyes to see every little things, God had already provided for me day by day.  I just need to believe that God will continually and generously provide all that I need. That goes for you, dear friends. God will provide all that you need. Trust Him today!

SONG: JESUS IS ALL I NEED
All that I need He will always be;
All that I need till His face I see;
All that I need thro’ eternity,
Jesus is all I need.
(James Rowe, Sing His Praise)

No comments: