Thursday, November 13, 2014

How Wonderful Thou Art! 11/13-15

Psalm 139:6 AMP, “Your [infinite] knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high above me ...” Ps. 119:129 KJV, “Thy testimonies are wonderful …” Ps. 111:4 “He hath made His wonderful works to be remembered …”

When we want to say something wonderful to God, don’t we often felt limit to know only one word, ‘wonderful’? But if there were more words from ‘wonderful,’ we might want to express other words to Him. So I am using the Scholastic Children’s Dictionary to share in the Manna. I used * as my own illustrations.

The word, WONDERFUL mean: 1. Causing wonder; remarkable, amazing or impressive. [The porpoise is a wonderful and intelligent creature.] 2. Very good; excellent. [In my opinion, she would be a wonderful governor.] Synonyms mean a word that means the same or nearly the same as another word. [The word rapid is a synonym for quick.]

Synonyms: WONDERFUL originally described something that caused someone to be filled with awe or wonder. Now it also refers to anything that is unusually good. *Isn’t the love of Jesus something wonderful? INTERESTING describes something that captures someone’s attention: *God, the universe and galaxy that You made are interesting and awesome!

FASCINATING describes something so interesting that you want to know more about it: *The earth that we live in, hang in the space, the universe, how did You do that? That is so fascinating, Lord! DELIGHTFUL means highly pleasing: *In the multitude of my [anxious] thoughts within me, Your comforts cheer and delight my soul! (Ps. 94:19AMP).

SPECTACULAR means dramatic (attracting attention) and sensational (unexpectedly excellent or great): *Among God’s creatures, the butterfly is one of the most spectacular beautiful! ASTONISHING describes something that causes great wonder or surprise: *God, it is astonishing that 80 percent of all life on Earth is found in the seas.

As we grow to understand the wonder of creation, it will always point us to the Creator Himself and call us to worship our wonderful God. “Let the heaven and earth praise Him, the seas and everything that moves in them” (Ps. 69:34). If creation itself gives praise to the Creator, we can and should certainly join the chorus. What a mighty God we serve!

SONG: ASL: HOW WONDERFUL YOU ARE!
O Lord my God, when I think awesome of You!
Thoughts of all the worlds Your hands bloom!
I see many stars, I see lightning bolt!
All over universe, You showed me Your power!
Chorus:
Your creation made my soul sings to God, my Savior!
Awesome and wonderful You are,
Awesome and wonderful You are!
Your creation made my soul sings to God, my Savior!
Awesome and wonderful You are,
Awesome and wonderful You are!
[Translation from “How Great Thou Art” by Stuart Westley Keene Hine]

No comments: