Sunday, November 16, 2014

Tell Me the Story Often 11/16

Verse for the Day by Dorothy Callies

Acts 2:21b “Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

Do you ever become weary and feeling kind of emptiness for no reason at all? It is as if we lost something, but what? I was reading a short story about Catherine Hankey who became very ill and had to stay in bed. While in thoughts, she wrote a poem that later became a hymn, “Tell Me the Old, Old Story”:

Tell me the story slowly, That I may take it in—
That wonderful redemption, God’s remedy for sin.
Tell me the story often, For I forget so soon;
The early dew of morning has passed away at noon.
Tell me the old, old story, Tell me the old, old story;
Tell me the old, old story Of Jesus and His love.

Ah, God’s remedy for sin and I quote this: “I called upon the name of the Lord and he has saved me from that empty feelings.” God reminds me that you are feeling that lost souls and their empty feelings. He put the discerning spirit in you so you could pray for those who are lost and who need to hear the old story of Jesus’ salvation. Pray that they shall call on the name of the Lord and they shall be saved.

We never get tire of hearing the story because of His great love, God sent His one and only Son to this earth (John 3:16). He lived a perfect life, took our sin upon Himself when He was crucified, and 3 days later rose again. When we receive Him as our Savior, we are given eternal life and become His children (John 1:12). Tell someone the old, old story of Jesus and His love. We all need to hear it again. God bless you real good! Amen!

No comments: