Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Intercede Our Soul to God (6/23-25)

Psalm 42:5 KJV: “Why art thou cast down, O my soul? And why art thou disquieted in me? Hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise Him for the help of His countenance” (face). (Disquieted means restless, uneasy feeling, feel disturb or something that bother you.)

David, the Psalmist was interceding his soul to turn to God. David’s soul was cast down which means he had lost hope. So David intercede his ‘cast down’ soul to look up to God. David intercede his soul to hope in God. Ps. 42:5 NCV:  “Why am I so sad? Why am I so upset? I should put my hope in God and keep praising Him, my Savior and my God.”

Are you beginning to lose faith in God? Just because we don’t see what God is doing with your life, doesn’t mean “He doesn’t care about you?” Your feeling is like roller coaster, going up and going down. So let us intercede our soul from losing our hope in God. It will be good to use part of Psalm 42 as an intercession prayer for us.

“O Lord God, I cry to You from a broken heart and body. Sometimes I felt like David who said to You, "Why have You forgotten me?" My afflictions in my body are like enemies who troubled me again and again. They are saying, "Where is the God who heals you?" I asked my soul, "Why are you so discouraged? Why are you losing hope?" 

I tell my soul, "Look up to God and put your hope in Him, not in yourself. Keep praising God who is your Savior." O Lord God, my soul thirst for You like a deer thirsts for streams of water. I yearn for Your Presence with healing in its wings. By faith I will leap like calves released from the stall (Malachi 4:2).

The stall that confined me like a prison, I shall be free from my afflictions. I will praise You for anointing oil of Holy Spirit that flows through my body in Jesus' name, I pray. Amen!  "My soul, look up to God!"

May the Lord bless you and heal you today!

Song: Near to the Heart of God


There is a place of quiet rest

Near to the heart of God,
A place where sin cannot molest,
Near to the heart of God.
Chorus:
O Jesus, blest Redeemer,
Sent from the heart of God,
Hold us who wait before Thee
Near to the heart of God.
(Lyrics: Cleland Boyd McAfee, Sing His Praise)

No comments: