Monday, June 16, 2014

Christ's Call to Pray (6/16-17)

Hebrews 7:25 KJV, “Wherefore He is able to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them.”

Christ lives in heaven in His Father’s presence. “We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heaven” Heb. 8:1 KJV). Christ is interceding for each and every one of His followers according to the Father’s will. The Father’s desires in His heart for us is to be like His Son (Rom. 8:30 NCV).

What is intercession? The dictionary define as the act of interceding. The word, intercede means to act as a go-between for hostile (enemy or unfriendly) parties (or group). 2: to plead in behalf (interest) of another. It’s good to know that the word, inter means between; among; in the midst and sharing by or involving two or more. The word, cession means a giving over (as of territory or rights) to another.

The example of prayer chain is like when we hear one of our brothers or sisters who are in trouble with an enemy who causes the problem, we act as a go-between the enemy and God. We plead to God to give us strength to fight against the enemy. Also, to command Satan to give back what is rightfully ours, and to give back what he stole from us. The two most important tools in intercession are the Word of God and prayer in the spirit against the enemy. 
So Christ is our intercessor and we are to be like Him. We, also, become an intercessor.  When you begin to pray for others, you become a part of the present-day ministry of Jesus Christ, “seeing He ever liveth to make intercession ( Heb.7:25 KJV). Through prayer, you and I become His voice in the earth. With the help of the Holy Spirit, we become workers with our heavenly Father. This is a wonderful plan of God.

                   Song: I Am Praying for You
1. I have a Savior; He’s pleading in glory,
A dear, loving Savior tho’ earthfriends be few;
And now He is watching in tenderness over me,
And oh, that my Savior were your Savior too.
      Chorus:
            For you I am praying, For you I am praying,
            For you I am praying, I’m praying for you.

2. I have a Father; to me He has given
A hope for eternity, blessed and true;
And soon will He call me to meet Him in heaven,
But oh, that He’s let me bring you with me too!
(Then chorus)

3. When Jesus has found you, tell others the story
That my loving Savior in your Savior, too;
Then pray that your Savior may bring them to glory,
And prayers will be answered, ‘twas answered for you!
(Then chorus) by Samuel O’Malley Cluff, Sing His Praise

No comments: