Friday, June 13, 2014

A Call to Prayer (6/11-15)

Hebrews 7:25 “… He ever lives to make intercession.” KJV

I would like to share how God has first call me to pray when I was a child perhaps around eight-year-old. What I had seen was a warrior demon who dressed like a Roman solder.  I learned its name when I came across reading the book of Howard Pittman many years later. I was a carefree child until that day when I saw how tall he was and his arm folded. He looked very handsome, but he didn’t smile at all.

I felt the coldness of shadow came over me. I started to cry until my heart broke and sobbed. I saw a tree, I held it and I hug it. Little did I know that God had used my first intercessory prayer was for those young deaf children all over U.S. who were taken to the deaf school, separated from family’s love and security. God had cared for those little ones.

Why were the deaf children taken to a deaf school during the year of 1950’s? So they could learn the language and be educated where hearing school did not have access teaching for children who were deaf. Most parents who did not know the sign language were not able to meet the need of deaf children. In Deaf School, they were trained to make their beds, dressed for themselves, brush their teeth and clean their rooms. They had teachers who would help them learn the language and school them as they grew older. Many have become successful with jobs, colleges, careers and the like.

When I came to the age of 12, I was not able to function in the hearing school at all. They were not able to meet my need and neither did my family were able to help me much. So off I went to a Deaf School. To my surprise I discovered how much I had missed those seven years of age 5-12. Anger rose inside of me as to why I didn’t go to deaf school earlier.

I remember Miss Lewis who taught the class how to read.  It was my first time, I could read her sign language and understood what she explained. It was like a new light growing inside of me. I was amazed. I came home on weekend and I cried my heart out to get that darkness out of my mind. My mom who was a prayer warrior began to pray for me and asked God to set me free and to open my mind that I would be able to learn new things. Soon after I was able to learn many things.

I began to pray for other Deaf who have difficulty in learning that God would open their minds to be able to grasp and learn more schooling so they would be able to study or ‘hear’  God’s Word. God had called me to pray since I was a child. The prayer was a heart-cry which I learn later how God used different kind of prayers.

My friend, God does care and He needs you to pray for others so there would be a breakthrough for them. When I encounter the warrior demon once again, I command him to move out and allow God’s Spirit to come upon me with such warmth and love. It was awesome.

         Song: Set My Spirit Free
Set my spirit free that I might worship Thee.
Set my spirit free that I might praise Thy name.
Let all bondage go, and let deliverance flow.
Set my spirit free to worship Thee.
(John Haddock, Sing His Praise)

No comments: