Friday, January 31, 2014

By His Scourged You are Healed

January 31, 2014 - By His Scourged You Are Healed – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Isaiah 53:5 “But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed” (KJV). “But He was wounded and crushed for our sins. He was beaten that we might have peace. He was whipped, and we were healed” (NLT)!

Today, the Lord wants me to notice something more of Isaiah 53:5. I notice four words from KJV, wounded, bruised, chastisement and stripes and also from NLT, wounded, crushed, beaten, and whipped. Then I research on the three gospels, I realized they used the word, scourged. Out of four gospels, I choose John 19:1 “Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged Him” (KJV). “Then Pilate had Jesus flogged with a lead-tipped whip” (NLT). The word, scourge means to whip severely: FLOG (to beat severely with or as if with a rod or whip); to cause severe suffering to.

He was scourged for our transgressions; He was scourged for our iniquities; He was scourged for our peace; and He was scourged for our sicknesses. This was the most awful feelings when I realized what the word, scourged meant. When I read the part of Jesus being scourged, somehow I might have overlooked those three gospels from Matt. 27:26; Mark 15:15; and John 19:1. This was the most awful torture to think that our Messiah had to go through this.

The point is that, when you want healing, think of what our Messiah went through. When you have Communion, the Lord’s Supper, put your faith in action by taking bread and cup of juice. Hold the bread in your hand and say this: Thank you Jesus for Your broken body. Thank you that by your scourges which fell on your back I am completely healed. I believe and I receive. Then eat the bread. Next, take the cup in your hand and say this: “Thank You Jesus for the covenant cut, the scourges in Your blood. Your blood has brought me forgiveness and washed me from every sin. I thank You that Your blood has made me righteous. And as I drink, I thank You for the healing in my whole body. In Jesus’ name and I love You and thank You, Jesus! Believe it and receive it in Jesus’ name. Amen!
Song: We Remember You
As we drink this cup, we remember You;
As we eat this bread, we honor You;
and we offer You our lives
as You have offered Yours for us.
We remember all You’ve done for us,
We remember Your covenant with us,
We remember, and worship You, O Lord.
(Song by Kirk Dearman)

Communion Song
   1. Take this bread I give to you, and as you do, remember Me.
This bread is My body—broken just for you.
             Take it, eat it, each time you do; remember Me, remember Me.
2. Take this cup I fill for you, and as you do, remember Me.
This cup is the new covenant I’m making with you.
               Take it, drink it, each time you do; remember Me, remember Me.
   3. Take this love I’ve given you, and as you do, remember Me.
(Song by Barry McGuire)

No comments: