Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Stephen Love for Christ

September 18-19, 2013 Stephen Love for Christ – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Acts 7:8, 56 “Stephen, full of faith and power …”; “Behold, I see heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.”

Stephen had been appointed one of the seven to serve people, was accused falsely, preached the word of God, and he was taken out to be stoned to death yet he was saying, “Lord Jesus take me home and please forgive them for stoning me.” He fell asleep. [Acts7:59-60]

Stephen saw Jesus stood up in order to welcome his first martyr to Himself. Stephen had confessed Christ before men and defended the faith. Now Christ, in honor of His servant, confesses Stephen before His heavenly Father. For all faithful believers near death, the Savior stands ready to receive you as your intercessor and advocate. [Ref: Mark 8:38; Luke 12:8; Rom. 8:34; 1 John 2:1]

Saul who became Paul had witnessed Stephen’s death and later on, he got saved. Paul talked about “the blood of martyr Stephen was shed” [Acts 22:20]. This is an example that Stephen lay down his life for Christ. His love for Christ was so real that it reminds me of a song. “I will serve Thee.”

Song: I Will Serve Thee
I will serve Thee because I love Thee,
You have given life to me;
I was nothing before You found me,
You have given life to me.
Heart-aches, broken pieces,
Ruined lives are why you died on Calvary;
Your touch was what I longed for,
You have given life to me.
[William J. & Gloria Gaither]

No comments: