Thursday, September 12, 2013

Continue in My Love

September 10-15, 2013 Continue in My Love – Manna by Dorothy Callies

John 15:9 “As the Father hath loved Me, so have I loved you: continue ye in My love”(KJV). “I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in My love” (NLT).

The word, continue means to do or cause to do the same thing without stopping [I continue to work hard] or [The weather continued hot and sunny]. Note: Merriam-Webster Dictionary. The idea of continue is to keep on doing this. It was like Jesus was saying, “Just as Father keeps on loving me, so I will keep on loving you and you keep on loving Me. You live in My love.” The word, remain means to continue unchanged or continue the same thing.

Do you ever felt empty, barren, lonely and sad? Do you ever felt like your life has no meaning and no purpose at all? Jesus offers a very special relationship with us. A relationship that Jesus offers to deliver us from barren, empty, lonely, unmeaning life, and sad. Christ has loved us with a very special love, the very same love with which God has loved Him.

Two things to notice here: The Father’s love for His Son, Jesus Christ and Christ’s love for the believers. Imagine this: Christ loves believers with the same kind of love God has for His own Son. This is so rich, my friends, to realize how much love there is. This makes me want to “dive into the pool of love and swim into His great love.” The way to do this is to worship Him, adore Him and live your life for Him.

So let’s keep on loving Him.

Song: He Loves Me
He loves me, He loves me
He loves me this I know
He gave Himself to die for me
Because He loves me so.
(Author unknown, Collection of songs)

No comments: