Monday, September 9, 2013

Continued with Me 2

September 9, 2013 - Continued with Me 2 – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Matthew 15:32 “Then Jesus called his disciples unto him, and said, I have compassion on the multitude, because they continue with me now three days, and have nothing to eat: and I will not send them away fasting, lest they faint in the way.”

Notice something here Jesus said, “They continue with me now three days.” The people were starving and didn’t bring enough food to last three days. They were so hungry to follow Jesus and to hear His Word. I believe that they must have thought that Jesus was their Messiah and may have waited for Him to take over the kingdom. 

What impressed me? Jesus was saying, “I have compassion. I am feeling their hunger for food and I do not want them to go away, weary and they might faint along the way home. They have walked a long way to hear Me teach God’s Word. So now we are to feed them.”

From the story of Matthew 15:33-38, the disciples threw up their hands and wondered where we should get so much bread in the wilderness and to feed 4,000 men, plus women and children. From Matthew 14:13-21, Jesus had already fed 5,000 people with five loaves and two fishes. Here, in a similar situation, the disciples were again perplexed. The disciples had forgotten that Jesus could do it again.

Like the disciples, how easily we throw up our hands in despair when faced with difficult situations. We often forget when God has cared for us in the past; He will do the same now. When we are facing a difficult situation, remember that God cares for you and trust Him to work faithfully again and again and again. This is a wonderful caring Savior who has compassion on us when we need Him.

This story is to remind us that God doesn’t meet our needs one time, but that He will meet our needs again when we ask for help. There’s one line that the Lord’s Prayer remind us, “Give us this day, our daily bread.” Daily bread is for healing physically and spiritually. God is a great God. He is generous and He enjoys giving to all people. So let us trust God today to meet our need.

Song: He is all I need.
He’s all I need, He’s all I need
Jesus is all I need.
He’s all I need, He’s all I need
Jesus is all I need.
(Inspiring Choruses)

No comments: