Monday, September 23, 2013

Continued All Night

September 23-24, 2013 Continued All Night – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Luke 6:12 “And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.”

Again and again, Jesus sought to be alone with His Father in prayer, especially at times when He needs to make decision. What was the result of His all night earnest prayers? Jesus chose the twelve to become His apostles (Lk.6:13-16). He healed many who were sick (Lk.6:17-19). He preached His most famous Beatitudes (Matt.5:1-12; Lk.6:20-23) and Sermons (Lk.6:24-49).

If Jesus, the perfect Son of God, spent a whole night in prayer to the Father in order to make an important decision, how much more do we need to depend on the Holy Spirit every day to help us to pray and to continue with His word and to make a wise decision?

Matthew 14:23 “And when He had sent the multitudes away, He went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when evening was come, He was there alone.” While on earth, Jesus often sought time to be alone with God. Time alone with God is very important to the spiritual well-being of every believer.

Mark 1:35 “And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, He went out and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.” We need to remember that at any time when we lack desire for time alone with our Heavenly Father would cause our spiritual life to decline (downhill). If this happen to you, I encourage you to turn to the Lord and seek His face and His saving grace. He will lift you up and hug you real good!

 Song: In the Garden
1. I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses;
And the voice I hear, falling on my ear,
The Son of God discloses (came to me).
Chorus:
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own,
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

2. He speaks and the sound of His voice
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing;
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing. (Then Chorus)

3. I’d stay in the garden with Him
Though the night around me be falling;
But He bids me go thru the voice of woe,
His voice to me is calling. (Then chorus)
(C. Austin Miles, Sing His Praise)

No comments: