Friday, February 15, 2013

Lack Wisdom?

James 1:5 “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God …”

This was my favorite verse because sometimes I felt like I lack wisdom and I need help so I turn to James 1:5. I would quote, “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him” (KJV). The word, ‘liberally’ means give freely, more than enough and the words, ‘upbraideth not’ means He will not scold you severely or criticize you for asking help.

In NCV, “But if any of you needs wisdom, you should ask God for it. He is generous and enjoys giving to all people, so He will give you wisdom.” Sometimes it was not enough just to ask God for wisdom, so I quote James 1:6, “But when you ask God, you must believe and not doubt” (NCV). So often my prayer was like this: “Lord, James 1:5 tells me if I lack wisdom and I could ask you for help in my devotion. I want to thank you and I believe and I would not doubt that you could help me. Thank you, Father, in Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen!” I often felt good just to ask my Father in heaven in child-like faith, believing in Him. I know it makes Him felt good, too! He loves it!

This morning I was looking over more lists about “grace” and sometimes I felt helpless and don’t know which one to start. That was how I thought I would share my favorite verse, James 1:5 with you. It was a wonderful blessing to know that I could turn to my Father in Heaven at anytime. I believe that God wants you to know that you could ask Him for wisdom. 

So ask God for wisdom today!

Dorothy 

Song: I Believe God
I believe God, I believe God;
Ask what you will and it shall be done.
Trust and obey, believe Him and say;
I believe, I believe God.
(Inspiring Choruses)

No comments: