Monday, February 11, 2013

Grace Is Sufficient

2 Corinthians 12:9a “But he (God) said to me, “My grace is enough for you. When you are weak, my power is made perfect in you” (NCV).  

Paul prayed that God would remove his problem that he had in his flesh and the scripture didn’t tell us exactly what Paul’s problem was. Sometimes we don’t always understand God’s way, but God explained to Paul the reason was that ‘God’s power is so great and it shows Himself the best when Paul was weak.’ So Paul learned to say, “So I am very happy to brag about my weaknesses. Then Christ’s power can live in me. For this reason I am happy when I have weaknesses, insults, hard times, sufferings, and all kinds of troubles for Christ. BECAUSE WHEN I AM WEAK, THEN I AM TRULY STRONG” (NCV: 2 Cor. 12:9b).

God said, “My grace is sufficient for thee.” What would “GRACE” do for us? Grace is God’s presence, favor, and power. It is a force, a heavenly strength given on those who call upon God. This grace will come upon the faithful believer who accepts his or her weaknesses and difficulties for the gospel’s sake. The greater our weakness and trials for Christ, the more grace God will give us to accomplish His will or plan.

What He gives on us is always sufficient for us to live our daily lives, to work for him, and to endure our suffering. As long as we draw near to Christ, Christ will always give His heavenly strength and comfort on us. We should glory and see eternal value in our weaknesses, for they are the reasons that cause the power of Christ to come upon us and dwell within us as we walk through life toward our heavenly home. [Part of notes from: The Full Life Study Bible, Donald C. Stamps).

What this mean to me? I sometimes become weary and probably have questioned this without thinking about it. Then somehow I found the devotion about “grace” and I was surprised to see the title, “Grace is sufficient.” I realized God read my heart even when I didn’t ask about it. This shows me that God even cares enough to let me know that He cares even before I talk about it. That is God’s amazing grace to me. My friend, God does care what you are going through. He said, "My grace is enough for you today!."

So let’s trust our God today!

Dorothy

No comments: