Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Gospel of God's Grace

Acts 20:24c “… the work that the Lord Jesus gave me—to tell people the Good News about God’s grace” (NCV).

It was Paul’s testimony to the Ephesian elders, about his life and what he had gone through and how he served the Lord unselfishly. He had given his life to preach to the Jews and Greeks to change their lives and turn to God and believe in the Lord Jesus. Paul knew that there would be troubles and even jail time. He quoted, “I don’t care about my own life. The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me—to tell people the Good News about God’s grace” (Acts 20:24 NCV).

He went on to the part, “Now I am putting you in the care of God and the message about His grace. It is able to give you strength, and it will give you the blessings God has for all his holy people” (Acts 20:32). Then later on, Paul knelt down with all of them and prayed. Then Paul left to the ship toward Jerusalem.

Paul was a single-minded person which means that the most important goal of his life was to tell others about Christ. No wonder Paul was the greatest missionary because he focus on that one great goal since the Lord had called him at Damascus through Ananias’s prophecy, “… he (Paul) must tell about Me (Jesus) …” (Acts 9:15).

We have a lot to thank God for many missionaries around the world who are testifying “the GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD” (Acts 20:24c KJV). This song is dedicated to the missionaries whom God is leading them to find souls for Jesus Christ. We could pray for them that God’s grace will give them strengths and blessings for all the work they are doing right now. We, also, could be "a home missionary" to our friends and remind them to ask Jesus into their hearts. Let our lives shine so that they may see God's work in us.

Song: Lead Me to Some Soul Today
Lead me to some soul today
And teach me Lord just what to say
Friends of mine are lost in sin
And cannot find their way.
Few there are who pray;
Melt my heart and fill my life
Give me one soul today.
(Inspiring Choruses)

Let us be thankful that we have heard the Good News of God’s Grace!

Dorothy

No comments: