Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Jew Were Amazed

John 7:15 ncv The Jews were amazed and said, "This man has never studied in school. How did He learn so much?"

There's one translation that I like: "How can He know so much when He's never been to our schools."--Tay

What school? If a person wants to become a Rabbi, a man usually goes to school to be trained. What were the Jews amazed about Jesus? His style of teachings were so different from them.

What was Jesus' answered? John 7:16-17 ncv "The things I teach are not my own, but they come from Him (God) who sent Me. If people choose to do what God wants, they will know that My teachings comes from God and not from Me." Doesn't this make you want more of Jesus?  

Song: I Want More of Jesus
I want more of Jesus, more and more and more.
I want more of Jesus than I ever had before;
I want more of His great love, so rich, so full and free.
I want more of Jesus, so I’ll give Him more of Me.
(Inspiring Choruses)

Pastor Dale Boyd of Edmonton, Canada traced back to Oct. 28, 2010 and sends me this 
"Jesus is so cool" and I was so encouraged. Thank you, Dale!  
Addition: This reminds me that Jesus was "full of grace and truth" from Feb. 4th, 2013, Fresh Manna.
Grace is all about Jesus Christ, our Lord!
 Dorothy 
 

No comments: