Friday, March 21, 2008

The Blood of Jesus - 8

Song: Redeemed
1. Redeemed how I love to proclaim it!
Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed through infinite mercy,
His child, and forever, I am.
Chorus:
Redeemed,... Redeemed,...
Redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb;
Redeemed,... Redeemed,...
His child, and forever, I am
2. Redeemed and so happy in Jesus,
No language my rapture can tell;
I know that the light of His presence
With me doth continually dwell.
3. I think of my blessed Redeemer,
I think of Him all the day long;
I sing, for I cannot be silent;
His love is the theme of my song.
Fanny J. Crosby, William J. Kirkpatrick

We Were Redeemed [purchased] by His Blood
1 Peter 1:18,19
NCV: You know that in the past you were living in
a worthless way, a way passed down from the people
who lived before you. But you were saved from that
useless life. You were brought, not with something
that ruins like gold or silver, but with the precious
blood of Christ, who was pure and perfect lamb.
AMP: You must know (recognize) that you were redeemed
(ransomed) from the useless (fruitless) way of living
inherited by tradition from [your] forefathers, not
with corruptible things [such as] silver and gold,
But [you were purchased] with the precious blood of
Christ, the Messiah, like that of a [sacrificial]
lamb without blemish or spot.
KJV: Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed
with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from
your vain conversation (life) received by tradition
from your fathers; But with the precious blood of
Christ, as of a lamb without blemish & without spot.

Dorothy: One more line of song impressed me.

I know I shall see in His beauty, The King
in whose law I delight; Who lovingly guardeth my
foot-steps, And giveth me songs in the night.