Monday, October 5, 2020

Hope 4 Old Age 10/7-8/20

07-08 October 2020 - Hope Series Four from Sept. 2012 - Manna by Dorothy & Tony Callies [*Added]  *Theme: Old Age

 Verse for Today:
For thou art my hope, O Lord God: thou art my trust from my youth. Psalm 71:5

 *Ps. 71:9 “Cast me not off in the time of old age; forsake me not when my strength faileth.” The word, ‘eth’ means keep on. Example: ‘Do not forget me when my strength keeps on failing me. Please do not cast me off or throw me away because I am old.’ ‘For You are my hope, O Lord God: You are my trust since I was young (Ps. 71:5).

Prayer of An Aged Person from Psalm 71:
O Lord God, as I pray, I am an older person who faces troubles and I need your help to rescue me from mine enemies and afflictions. I have walked in your ways since I have accepted your Son, Jesus Christ as my personal Savior from my youth. I have kept my faith and my confidence in you. I am determined to live the rest of my life that you, God will manifest in Your power and Your goodness in my life. When my strength is failing, You are my hope, my protector, my helper, and my supporter for the rest of my days. I ask You to bless all my older friends who are close to you in Jesus' name I pray, Amen!

Chorus for Today: Surely Goodness and Mercy
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me,
       All the days, all the days of my life;
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me,
      All the days, all the days of my life.
And I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever,
      And I shall feast at the table spread for me;
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me,
     All the days, all the days of my life.
(Lyrics: John Willard Peterson, Alfred Barney Smith,
Sing His Praise, Gospel Publishing House, Springfield, Missouri)


God bless you today!

Dorothy

No comments: