Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Until Then & News 4/18-22/18

18-22 April 2018 - Until Then – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Ps. 90:10 NCV “Our lifetime is seventy years or, if we are strong, eighty years . . .”

The chapter of Psalm 90 was about a prayer of Moses, the man of God explained that God is eternal, and we are not (meaning in our flesh is not forever).   In Psalm 90:1-2 NCV, “Lord, You have been our home since the beginning.  Before the mountains were born and before You created the earth and the world, YOU . . ARE . . GOD. .  You have always been, and You will always be.”  

I like to quote from Psalm 90:1-2 KJV, “LORD, THOU has been our dwelling place in all generations. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever Thou (had) formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, THOU . . ART . . GOD. .” 

I like the words, “from everlasting to everlasting, YOU ARE GOD.”  This reminds me that to God, a thousand years is like one day to HIM. And one day is like a thousand years and it is like God has no beginning and no end. God is forever. Awesome!

Reading the Scripture on verse 10 made me realized I’m well passed 70’s and Tony just passed his 80’s last March.  Tony asked God a question, “What is Your plan for us?” (Especially with our “ailing bodies”)  Then Joseph Prince’s devotion came like this:

“God’s way is to call those things that are not as though they are.  And because you are made in God’s image, you can also call those things that are not as though they are!"  Romans 4:17 tells us that “. . . God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did . . .” 

When God spoke to Tony and me and said, “You are a brand new man!” Surely, I have seen tiny miracles with God continue to give Tony the strength to where he could finally fasten his own pant without my help and take the coat from the closet and put it on and even zip it himself. He could not before, but now he could.  He even got the nerve to lift his own walker down to 8 steps at times when he didn’t wait for me to help him. I was in awe watching him down the steps with walker himself.  I told him that was dangerous.  He shrugged his shoulder . . . “Well, I made it.” And he smiled . . . Me sighed! . . . Happily!

That was when I understood what Joseph Prince meant.  When God said, “Tony is a brand new man” and that was looking to those things that Tony was already healed even though I don’t see it fully happened yet.  And I am to act like he was healed . . . and sure enough those daily tiny miracle was enough to show me that Tony was on his way to improving, however slowly.

Even though he walked like “a snail” because he complained of his bursitis pain that slow him down.  He goes to chiropractor two times a week to straighten his hip which makes it painful, but important for him to be able to walk normally. 

Meanwhile there’s a song I found, “Until Then” and I like the encouraging words. “But until then my heart will go on singing, Until then with joy I’ll carry on—Until the day my eyes behold the city, Until then God calls me home.” (Written by Stuart Hamblen from The Celebration Hymnal, songs & hymns for worship).  Thank you, Ruby Stecca for this book. It was awesome to find this title, “Until Then.” 

Until then, we’ll follow God’s plan to live day by day and do what He leads us. As a result, I noticed my health has improved much more and I’m enjoying my Manna. Thank you for your prayers.  [I’m waiting for someone who will share the Manna on the topic of “ALL.”  And I will share the good news soon.]

As I was finishing up this Manna, Tony came up to greet me and said, “Come here” with his arms open for hug.  Ohhh, isn’t that touching?  So I got up and hugged him and he’s like ‘heaven’ to me.  And it is 5:40 a.m. Soon we’ll be watching Joel Osteen’s program on TBN TV to encourage our growing faith to continue to believe in God’s miracle.

Until Then, God bless you!

Dorothy

No comments: