Thursday, April 26, 2018

Part 1 Dentist & Checkers 4/26-27/18

26-27 April 2018 – David Stecca’s Parables: Part 1 of 2 - The Dentist & the Checkers  Part 2 – The Boat
To our friends,
     These stories are not intended to be a sermon or a teaching lesson in themselves. They are intended to be a base on which a pastor or teacher can build any number of messages or themes. The overall theme of the boat story and the dentist office is God’s immeasurable love for man, the price He has been willing to pay for that love, and that at Calvary Jesus redeemed us, paid our debt and in doing so removed all our sin, to the point where they are not only all gone they can no longer be found, not even a shadow or a stain.
     These stories may be used for God’s glory without further permission and modified in any way that will make clear the message of Jesus Christ and His love. If you do use the stories in any part, please send me a copy that we might be able to share with others.  David Stecca, DVC (Deaf Video Communication)

The Dentist and the Checkers
     I arrived at the dentist office late. It wasn’t my fault. The car next to me was speeding but the cop stopped me.  The waiting room was full, the only available chair was at the children’s table. So, there I sat surrounded by children’s books and an endless pile of black checkers.
     Convinced the dentist was punishing me for making him late, I stared at the invitation I received from the officer to traffic court and listened as the names of everyone around were being called, everyone but mine.
     I was having a really bad day and developing equally bad attitude, where was God when I needed him?  Grumpy and tired I did what any 48-year-old adult would do, I picked up a checker and began playing with it.  
     As I held it my name suddenly appeared on it. I flipped it over, on the back was written the words “ANGER.” I was a little shocked and picked up another one.  There was my name again and the word “GOSSIP.”  Than another “BITTERNESS” and another and another.
     On the back of each checker was written a condition of my heart.  I tried to cover the pile, so the others wouldn’t see it, but the pile kept getting bigger. I heard a voice calling my name in a panic I cried out “yes Lord, I’m sorry.” 
     As if touched by the hand of God Himself the checkers began to disappear. At first one by one, then two’s, three’s until they were all gone. There was not one single checker left.  I looked all around the table on the floor among the books even the trash can.
   There was not one single checker to be found, they were all gone. On the table where the checkers had been was written “FORGIVEN,” Jesus. 
   I could hear someone calling my name, “your next, the dentist is waiting.
          
            Possible lessons from the Dentist and the Checkers
1.       As we are forgiven so should we forgive others.
2.      We ALL need forgiveness.
3.      Jesus removed ALL my sins at Calvary.  Song-Calvary Covers It ALL.
4.      ALL my debt was paid in full at Calvary.  Song-Jesus Paid It ALL.

Song: Calvary Covers It All
Calvary covers it all,
My past with its sin and stain;
My guilt and despair
Jesus took on Him there,
And Calvary covers it all.
[Lyrics & Music: Mrs. Walter G. Taylor, Sing His Praise]

Song: Jesus Paid It All
For nothing good have I
Whereby Thy grace to claim;
I’ll wash my garments white
In the blood of Calvary’s Lamb.
Chorus:
Jesus paid it all;
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson;
He washed it white as snow.
[Lyrics: Elvina Mabel Hall, Sing His Praise]

Sharing News from Dorothy Callies:
     Ruby Stecca was sharing my Manna from April 10-17, 2018 with her husband, David. I mentioned that I started to work on Manna on the topic “ALL,” but I wasn’t able to make it a point. It was a broad subject and it all started with the songs: Calvary Covers It All and Jesus Paid It All.  
     On April 14th, Ruby and David Stecca stopped by Bob Evans Restaurant to visit with us before they visit their family in Peoria last April 14th.  Ruby explained to me that David had an idea about the subject on “ALL.”  So David shared his ‘parable’ about the checkers and gave it a point.  So I asked him if he could share it in the Manna and said that he would.  So I want to thank David Stecca for sharing his two parables on “ALL,” The Dentist & the Checkers and The Boat.
     David had two parables together and I divided them into two parts to make it easier to read. So the next part two, The Boat will be added to Manna right after this.
   
What this means to me?  God knew that David would have a good parable to share so God “save” it until we met together last April 14th.  It was awesome to realize that God provided a help at the right time.  God bless you, David Stecca!

May the Lord richly bless you!

Dorothy

[To be continued to Part 2, The Boat by David Stecca]

No comments: