Monday, April 23, 2018

Precious to God 4/23-25/18

23-25 April 2018 - Precious to God – Manna by Dorothy Callies

1 John 4:11 “Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.”

I would like to share a story: His name was David.  People called him, “the street fiddler” meaning he play violin very skillful.  David was an older man and he goes out to play in popular places in the city.  What people sees in him seems like a regular guy, nothing special about him.  When he played his violin, people listened and drop a dollar in the open instrument case before them on the sidewalk.  David would smile and nod his head in thanks as he continued to play.

When David died and his obituary was in a local paper.  There was a surprised information about David when people on the street thought he was just a regular guy.  But there’s more about David.  David spoke several languages.  When he graduate from university, he was an important person in the eyes of many people.  David even run for the state of senate.  Some people were surprised that David had so much success in the past and compared him as a lonely violin player in the street.  [Condensed story from James Bank, Our Daily Bread Ministries]

Dorothy: It makes me think of Tony who has been very successful with Hebrews Verse by Verse Bible Study worked with David Stecca of Deaf Video Communication in the garage studio for three years traveling two times a month from Bloomington to Lisle, Illiois, two hours drive each way.  Those days were VHS.  Later on the new technology changed to DVD, and then next computer EMAIL.  Now we learn that the Hebrews are in APP or you could google them at DVCTV.COM.  Many Deaf are using Hebrews for their personal Bible Study all over USA.

David and Ruby Stecca stopped by Bob Evans Restaurant to visit with us before they visited their family in Peoria last April 14th.  Mr. Stecca was showing that Tony was in his cell phone, teaching the Bible study on Hebrews. Awesome!  And here, Tony is in his walker who may appear like a regular guy and living in a quiet life with slight memory problem. 

What does this means with this story and compared with Tony?  James Banks quote: “Scripture tells us that “God created mankind in His own image” (Genesis 1:27).  This reveals (shows) an inherent (belonging to a person’s) worth within each of us, regardless of how we look, what we have achieved, or what others may think of us.  Even when we chose to turn from God in our sinfulness, God valued us so much that He sent His only Son to show us the way to salvation and to eternity with Him.

We are so loved by God, and all around us are those who are precious to Him.  May we express our love for Him in return by sharing His love with others.  Heavenly Father, thank you for Your wonderful love for me.  I pray that others may see Your love in my words and actions today.  [End of James Banks’ devotion]

This early morning, I woke up with a song that came to me that I haven’t sang it for years. Awesome, Holy Spirit who brought this up, “I’ll Thank Him, I’ll Praise Him.”

Song:  I’ll Thank Him, I’ll Praise Him
1. When I get to heaven and see my Savior’s face,
I’ll thank Him, I’ll praise Him for wondrous saving grace;
As I sit beside Him ‘neath heaven shining throne,
I’ll thank Him, I’ll praise Him for leading me home.
Chorus:
When I get to heaven, I’ll lay my burden down,
I’ll see the King of glory,
Receive my home, my robe and crown;
I’ll thank Him, I’ll praise Him for ever and ever,
I’ll thank Him, I’ll praise Him for saving my soul.

2. When my life has ended, before Him I shall stand,
I’ll thank Him, I’ll praise Him for saving fallen man;
Up in that fair city we’ll never have a care,
I’ll thank Him, I’ll praise Him for He will be there.
Chorus:
When I get to heaven, I’ll lay my burden down,
I’ll see the King of glory,
Receive my home, my robe and crown;
I’ll thank Him, I’ll praise Him for ever and ever,
I’ll thank Him, I’ll praise Him for saving my soul.
[Lyrics and music: Joan Morris and Max M. Morris]

May the Lord bless you.

Dorothy

No comments: