Wednesday, March 29, 2017

The Cross Before Me 3/29 Special

29 March 2017 - The Cross Before Me – Special Manna by Dorothy Callies

Inspiration song came to me: “the world behind me, the cross before me, the world behind me, the cross before me, the world behind me, the cross before me—No turning back, no turning back! [by Norman Johnson].   

2 Corinthians 13:4 KJV “For though He was crucified through weakness, yet He liveth by the power of God.  For we also are weak in Him, but we shall live with Him by the power of God toward you.”

Dorothy: What does this verse mean to me?  During the time I was battling with the weakness when I was taking steroid for my bronchitis/spasm lungs. It means my lungs went out of air.  Taking the steroid medicine and inhaler helps me to breathe easily.  Inspiration came to me: “In my weakness, God is glorified” (2 Cor. 12:9).  My question was how can God be glorified in my weakness?  

First, I visualize what Christ went through on the cross through 2 Corinthians 13:4.  Interpretation seems clear with NCV: “It is true that He was weak when He was killed on the cross, but He lives now by God’s power.  It is true that we are weak in Christ, but for you we will be alive in Christ by God’s power.” So it is through Christ’s weakness, we are made strong.  

Secondly, I read what Paul said about 2 Corinthians 12:9 and 10 in NCV.  God spoke to Paul, “My grace is enough for you.  When you are weak, My power is made perfect in you.” So Paul said, “So I am very happy to brag about my weaknesses.  Then Christ’s power can live in me. Verse 10: For this reason I am happy when I have weaknesses insults, hard times, sufferings, and all kinds of troubles for Christ.  Because when I am weak, then I am truly strong.”

In KJV, God said to Paul, “My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” So God’s strength is made perfect in time of my weakness.  So Paul went on to explain about his weakness. Paul said, “Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities (weakness), that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”

Glory in weakness? I looked up the meaning of the word, glory. It means praise, honor and thanksgiving. 2: great beauty: Splendor means bliss (complete happiness) of heaven. In another word, do you want a “taste of heaven?”  When I am weak, God’s strength rest in me. That is a bliss of heaven. Wow! So Paul understood this and said, “I will glory in my weakness.”  It means Paul was in ‘heavenly bliss’ when he felt weak.

So now I understood why Holy Spirit inspired me: “In my weakness, God is glorified.” In my weakness, God’s presence is here. In my weakness, heaven is right here.”  So once again I sang this part that came from “I have Decided to Follow Jesus.”              
                        The world behind me, the cross before me,
                        The world behind me, the cross before me,
                        The world behind me, the cross before me—
                        No turning back, no turning back.

May the Lord bless you today!

No comments: