Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Let It Breathe 3/22 Special Edition

22 March 2017 Let It Breathe – Special Edition by Dorothy Callies

Today, I was reading a devotion that happened to be about the breathtaking. It brought to my attention that since March 10th, I had trouble with shortage of breathe that led me to ER on March 12th and again on 13th.  It was so serious that I had to use steroid inhaler for whole week just to get my both lungs open so I could just breathe through my airway.  It has been twelve days of struggling to be able to breathe.

Starting today, I was able to breathe slowly. The devotion caught my attention about how valuable it was for us to breathe. *Eating, sleeping, and breathing seem “ordinary” in that we do them every day, usually without much thought. But they are not ordinary at all. Every bite and every breath are miracles. [*Quoted from Our Daily Bread]  

I looked up the references on breath and surprisely, I learned something.  Job 27:3 “All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils.” Job 33:4 “The spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.”

These Scriptures reminds me of how God made Adam in Genesis 2:7, “And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.”

Two things inspired me in the last 12 days of my struggles:
Firstly, I was really weak for days. Then inspiration came, “In my weakness, God is glorified” (2 Cor. 12:9). This is beyond me. I meant how can I really understand this? Until I read 2 Cor. 13:4 that Christ’s weakness was crucifixion yet He lived by the power of God. We are weak in Him, but we shall live with Him [How?] by the power of God.

Secondly, every breath is a miracle. It made me realize that the breath of the Almighty hath given me life to live. Job suffered and struggled day by day until he realized and quoted, “the spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.” As for me, today, the breath of the Almighty has given me life to live. So the song that I remembered so well came to me to sing this.

Song: Let It Breathe on Me
Let it breathe on me,
Let it breathe on me,
Let the breath of God now breathe on me.
Let it breathe on me,
Let it breathe on me,
Let the breath of God now breathe on me.
(Inspiring Choruses)

May God bless you!

Dorothy

PS. Thank you so much for your prayers. I cherished the connections of your prayers according to Romans 12:5 “We, being many, are one body in Christ …” 

No comments: