Saturday, October 1, 2016

Be Affectionate 10/1-3

01 03 October 2016 Be Affectionate – Verse for the Day by Dorothy Callies

Romans 12:10 “Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another” (NKJV).

Affectionate? What in the world could we really be affectionate to some people that doesn’t make our lives so simple? A feeling or showing a great liking for a person or thing. Another meaning of the word is loving.  

Strange … Many times I have read through the famous chapter 12 of Romans for our everyday lives, but today … this one topic, ‘affectionate’ seems to ‘hit’ me.  It never did before … until now.

I asked God if there was anything I should hear from Him through the devotion and this was it.  I felt God was speaking to me personally and also to share this with other Deaf.  The more I pondered this verse, the more I realized that many of us have weakness …

I would need to say in prayer:  Oh, Holy Spirit … this is impossible … so I really need Your help how to really do this.  Maybe say kind words … and be gentle in our attitude toward others.  James 1:5 tells me if I need wisdom, I would ask God for it and that You are generous to give us wisdom.  You will not scold us if we need to ask You many times for wisdom and help how to do this. I thank You for this, in Jesus’ name. Amen!

I searched for a song to match this verse and I couldn’t find it yet. It may be out there, but somehow in my ‘inner spirit’, I heard Holy Spirit singing like this.  And I just love it and want to share this special song with you.

Song: Love One Another
   (Written by Dorothy Callies, inspired by Holy Spirit)

Love one another,
     Love one another,
Love one another as I have loved you.

Be kind to another,
     Be kind to another,
Be kind to another as I’m kind to you.

Honor one another,
     Honor one another,
Honor one another as I have honored you!

Love one another,
     Love one another,
Love one another as I … have loved … you!

May God bless you today!

Dorothy

No comments: