Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Praying for Opposition 10/18-20

18-20 October 2016 - Praying for the Opposition – Manna by Dorothy

Matt. 5:44 “Love your enemies . . . and pray for those who . . . persecute you.”

For many years since I was a teenager, this verse has been my theme to always quote Matthew 5:44 by memory and whenever I faced the opposition of all kinds. When I have problems, Holy Spirit quote this to me:

“Love your enemies who gives you hard time.  Bless them that curse you and give you a bad name.  Do good to them that hate you and belittle you.  [Belittle means make you feel that you are not important person.]  Really pray for them which looks down on you and pray for them who persecute you, giving you a very bad names. Rejoice because your reward in heaven is so much greater.  You are rich with great blessings.”

Sound impossible?  Holy Spirit is speaking to you and all things are possible with God who believe. I remember in Deaf School, several kids made fun of me for serving Jesus. They tried to upset me, but I was strong in my faith.  I was at peace and they gave up and we all scattered.  As I was walking, two of the Deaf came to me and we walked together. They told me that they hid their faith in Christ because they were afraid to tell them that they believe in Jesus. They admire my courage to stand up for Christ.

Paul wrote that the only way we could really grow in Christ was through much tribulation that we enter heaven (Acts 14:22).  So my friends … be strong in the Lord.  Do not be ashamed that you stand up for Christ and tell them of your faith in Jesus.

Prayer: Lord, help us to be kind to those who hate and turn from You.  Lord, help us to love and pray for them that they will turn to You and find forgiveness for hurting You.  I want to thank You for showing me this verse that You do forgive those who persecute You and that Your heart was so full of love for them.  Fill us with Your Holy Spirit who will show the fruit of love in our lives.  Our true love for You, Jesus will surely win their souls to You.  Thank You and We love you! In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen!

Song: Lord, I Believe
Lord, I believe, Lord I believe
Savior raise my faith in Thee
‘Till it can moved a mountain.
Lord, I believe, Lord I believe,
All my doubts are
buried in the fountain.
[Inspiration Choruses]

For Prayer Needs 

Dorothy 

No comments: