Monday, October 31, 2016

Messiah as High Priest 10/30-31

30-31 October 2016 - The Messiah as High Priest – Manna by Dorothy Callies

            Psalm 110:4 NLT, The Lord has taken an oath and will not break his vow: “You are a priest forever in the Line of Melchizedek.” NKJV, The Lord has sown and will not relent (change his mind), “You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.”
           
Psalm 110 is the announcement of the Messiah’s reign as a King and a High Priest.  Christ is the Messiah-Priest and God has ordained (decision given by one in authority) Christ.  It means God has made a decision and God has authority to choose and to bless Christ. Jehovah God said to Jesus, “You are a priest forever according to the order Melchizedek.”

The Lord will not relent (change his mind). The Lord will not repent (be sorry about it).  Jehovah is not like a man who change His mind easily.  In KJV Psalm 110:4, “The Lord hath sworn, and will not repent, “Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.” Christ’s priesthood is eternally unique (special; only one of its kind).  There is no one like Christ as a High Priest. 
           
Melchizedek is mentioned only twice in the Old Testament, here in Psalm 110:4 and in Genesis 14. He was a mysterious priest and king who went out to meet Abraham when the latter returned from battle after rescuing Lot (Gen. 14:17-20). 
           
As a king-priest, Melchizedek is a type of Christ who is our eternal King-Priest (Heb. 7:17).  As priest, He brought bread and wine to Abraham and then received tithes from Him. 

In the New Testament our High Priest, who is “a priest forever according to the order (arrange) of Melchizedek,” served bread and wine to His disciples, instituting (setting up a new ceremony of communion) the Lord’s Supper (Matt. 26:26-30).
           
Dorothy: Why am I sharing this studies? Holy Spirit is reminding me that Jesus knows our every pains.  Jesus knows your every heartache. Jesus knows your deepest agony inside of your spirit that words cannot describe it.  Holy Spirit brought up the verse of Hebrews 4:15-16 in KJV.

“For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.”

Prayer Song: Precious Lord, Take My Hand
Precious Lord, take my hand,
Lead me on, help me stand;
I am tired, I am weak, I am worn;
Thru the storm, thru the night,
Lead me on to the light,
Take my hand, precious Lord, lead me home. 

When my way grows drear,
Precious Lord, linger near,
When my life is almost gone,
Hear my cry, hear my call,
Hold my hand lest I fall;
Take my hand, precious Lord, lead me home.
(Thomas A. Dorsey, 150 of the World’s Greatest Hymn Stories)

May the Lord sustain you in time of trials and comfort your heart.

Dorothy

No comments: