Thursday, June 4, 2015

Worship Quiz (6/4-6)

04-06 June 2015 - The Worship Quiz from Daily Bread -- 

Since you like the Walk Quiz, I thought to share this because that was where I got the idea. I shared the Worship Quiz last Sunday of May 31st and the Deaf just loves it. I really enjoy that and it was a nice change! See if you can identify the person described in the following statements about worship.

1. Who said: “Stay here . . . ; the lad and I will go yonder and worship, and we will come back to you”?
2. Who fell to the ground and worshiped and said: “The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away”?
3. Who said: “Let it be known to you, O King, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up”?
4. Who said: “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me”?
5. Who was Jesus talking about when He said: “And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men”?
6. Who, when they saw Jesus, “worshiped Him; but some doubted”?
7. What woman “did not depart from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day”?
8. To whom did Jesus say, “God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth”?
9. Who said: “The One whom you worship without knowing, Him I proclaim to you”?
10. Who “exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped . . . the creature rather than the Creator”?

                THE ANSWERS WORSHIP QUIZ BIBLE SEARCH by Dorothy Callies
          Note: I did this for the Deaf Church so they know where to find names in bold.
1. Genesis 22:5 - And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.
2. Job 1:20-21 - Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped, And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.
3. Daniel 3:18, 14 - V.18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up. V. 14 Nebuchadnezzar spake and said unto them, Is it true, O Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, do not ye serve my gods, nor worship the golden image which I have set up?
4. Matt. 4:9, 8 – V.9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. V. 8 Again, the devil …. (Satan)
5. Matt. 15:9, 1 - V.9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. V.1 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem …
6. Matt. 28:17, 16 - V. 17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. V. 16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
7. Luke 2:37, 36 - V.37 And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day. V.36 And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity.
8. John 4:24, 8 - V. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. V. 8 There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water ... (Samaritan woman)
9.
Acts 17:23, 22 - V. 23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, to the unknown God. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, HIM declare I unto you. V. 22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens … (at Greece)
10. Roman 1:25, 18 - V. 25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. V. 18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness. (FALLEN HUMANITY)

No comments: