Thursday, June 11, 2015

Hallelujah! (6/11-12)

11-12 June 2015 - Hallelujah! – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Psalms 111:1 NLT, “Praise the Lord! I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with His godly people.”

Psalm 111-118 are called hallelujah psalms. Hallelujah means “praise the Lord” and expresses the uplifting and optimistic tone of these songs. Also it is a “sudden cry out” expression of praise and adoration. Praise is the heartfelt response to God by those who love Him. The more you get to know God and realize what He has done, the more you will respond with praise. Praise is the heart of true worship.

Psalm 111:10, “Reverence for the Lord is the foundation of true wisdom. The rewards of wisdom come to all who obey Him.” *The only way to become truly wise is to fear (revere) God. This same thought is expressed in Proverbs 1:7 “Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Only fools despise wisdom and discipline.”

*Too often people want to skip this step (v. 10), thinking they can become wise by life and experience and academic knowledge alone. But if we do not acknowledge God as a source of wisdom, then our foundation for making wise decisions is shaky and we might make mistakes.  [*Notes from Quick Verse Life Application Bible]. Dorothy: I thought this was too good to pass up on Ps. 111:10 since I learned something that people tend to skip that verse 10. That was unbelievable!

Revelation 19:1, 4, 6 NLT, “After this, I heard the sound of a vast crowd in heaven shouting, “Hallelujah! Salvation is from our God. Glory and power belong to Him alone.” V.4 “Then the twenty-four elders and the four living beings fell down and worshiped God, who was sitting on the throne. They cried out, “Amen! Hallelujah!” V.6 “Then I heard again what sounded like the shout of a huge crowd, or the roar of mighty ocean waves, or the crash of loud thunder: “Hallelujah! For the Lord our God, the Almighty reigns.”

Dorothy: Why am I doing this research? On the morning of June 8th, when I got up from the bed, the word came from my inner spirit, “hallelujah!” So I start singing and I really felt uplifting! So I want to know more about “hallelujah” from the Scriptures. Thank you, Holy Spirit for being our wonderful teacher! Hallelujah!

Song: Glory Hallelujah!
Glory! Glory, hallelujah!
Glory! Glory, hallelujah!
Glory! Glory, hallelujah!
Our God is marching on.
(Julia Ward Howe, Sing His Praise)

Song: Revive Us Again
Hallelujah! Thine the glory,
Hallelujah! Amen;
Hallelujah! Thine the glory,
Revive us again.
(William Paton Mackay, Sing His Praise)

No comments: