Sunday, June 7, 2015

Avenue to Power (6/7-9)

07-09 June 2015 - Avenue to Power – Manna by Dorothy Callies

2 Cor. 12:9 God said, “. . . My strength is made perfect in weakness.”

I like the title, “Avenue to Power.” So I search the meaning of avenue. Avenue means a way or route to a place or goal: PATH means a way of life, conduct, or thought. This led me to check what is the different between street and avenue. The street means a public way especially in a city, town or village usually including sidewalks and being wider than an alley or lane. The part of a street is reserved for cars, public way with the property along it. Street came from Latin strata “paved road”.

If you wondered, how did I end up with this title, Avenue to Power? Well, I came to the point where I felt a little weak and my fistula area wasn’t improving fast enough (just too slow) and I had to change the gauze so often. I was “sighing” to the Lord, wondering when this will ever be healed completely. As always, looking for something to read, I search for an old RBC “Our Daily Bread” collections box and picked it up and found this already opened. I read the part about Paul … and I sigh! (to let out long breath as in weariness)

What impressed me strongly, “My strength is made perfect in weakness.” I read that verse many times, but when it came to my “sighing”, I felt God spoke to me, “My strength is made perfect in weakness.” I repeat to myself several time, “God said, My strength is made perfect in weakness.”

So the avenue to power was from “God’s strength flowing into our weaknesses.” Avenue to power is a way or route to a place is God, Himself. Our problem became an avenue for God’s strength. In another word, our problem reminds us that God has strength to give in our weakness.

We know that Paul pleaded God three times, and Paul learned the secret … “When I am weak, then I am strong.” (2 Cor. 12:7-10) So I quote, “God’s strength is made perfect in my weakness. When I am weak, then I am strong.” I noticed Paul “boast” and I think he meant that he spoke out and say, “In my infirmities, the power of Christ may rest upon me …” Paul’s weakness became an “avenue to God’s power.”

This gave me a new meaning to understand the purpose of my weakness has become an “Avenue to God’s Power.” In facing our struggles, we just simply yield totally to God. When we do, God can use our problems as “an avenue for His power.” The inspiration song came to me, “the pow-er, the pow-er.” The title was “Waiting on the Lord.”

Song: The Power (Waiting on the Lord) by Charles F Weigle
Chorus: The pow – er! The pow – er!
Gives victory over sin and purity within;
The pow – er! The pow – er!
The power they had at Pen – te - cost.
Verse: Waiting on the Lord, longing to mount higher;
Waiting on the Lord, having great desire;
Waiting on the Lord, for the heavenly fire;
Waiting in the Up – per Room.
Chorus: The Pentecostal power, the Pentecostal power!
Gives victory over sin and purity within;
The Pentecostal power, the Pentecostal power!
The power they had at Pen – te – cost.

No comments: