Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Meek are Blessed (6/16-18)

16-18 June 2015 - Meek are Blessed – Card verse by Dorothy Callies

Matthew 5:5 NLT, “God blesses those who are gentle and lowly, for the whole earth will belong to them.”

On June 12, I picked up one verse from the bread box that quoted, “Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth.” I meditate and quote the verse. On June 13th, I decided to do some research on “Meek.” After I printed and read some, then suddenly I remember my being “cranky” with Comcast lady last June 9th. I realized God was speaking to my heart about that. So what’s the story? Here goes . . .

I warned her that I was very cranky with Comcast along with Xfinity. I had some errands to do with Comcast. She looked up at my husband and said, “Boy, you got a cranky wife.” Tony nodded his head with a smile. I was irritated with Comcast for raising the cost of billing. So I had to cut down the channels to basic and economy and did so. Then I show her the email from Comcast/Xfinity mandate me to update the modem. I was irritated that I had to go to Best Buy to buy a new modem which was cheaper than renting their modem at $10 a month.

Next pay the bill. The lady said that they no longer takes billing. She pointed to the machine that we do the job. I sighed. More work. She showed me how to do it and it was done. I went back to pick up the folder and she looked down and wouldn’t look at me. So I left and thought nothing about the situation until . . .

I saw the verse … “Blessed are the meek” … At first I didn’t get it so I mediate and quote the verse. Then it seems that God brought that memory back to me, and I realized I wasn’t “meek” at all. I research several verses from Psalm about the meek and how the evil people would no longer “bully” them. Only the meek will inherit the earth and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace (Ps.37:11). Then God said, “There will be no “cranky” person . . .” Oh, oh!

When I read Colossians 3:12-17, I realized I had forgotten His Word. What impressed me? I am Christ’s representative; be compassionate like Christ; let the peace of Christ rule my heart; always be thankful; keep God’s Word in you; and forgiving attitude.   

My commentary tells me that the key to forgiving others is remembering how much God has forgiven you. Is it difficult for you to forgive someone who has wronged you a little when God has forgiven you so much? Realizing God’s infinite love and forgiveness can help you love and forgive others.

Most important was what Jesus said, “I am meek, let me teach you …” (Matt.11:29). I realize I need to go back to meet the lady at Comcast’s office and I met her.  I asked her to forgive me and told her how God has convicted my heart about being “cranky.” Her response: “I appreciate that very much.” The other lady beside her, looked so surprised and delightful.

Prayer card: “Lord, keep me meek, so that the love of Christ will shine through me to others.” Dot: Lord, help me to remember that the “meek” are the ones “putting up with wrongs patiently and without complaint.” Thank You for being so kind to show me this and to keep me close to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.
            

No comments: