Monday, March 2, 2015

Mouth Shall Speak of Wisdom 3/1-3)

01-03 March 2015 – Mouth Shall Speak of Wisdom – Manna by Dorothy

Psalm 49:3 “My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart shall be of understanding.”

I was about 16 years old when I was in a classroom of the Deaf School, a supervisor came in and motion me to come and follow him. As I followed him, a thought came to me, “Let the words of my mouth be of wisdom and the meditation of my heart shall be of understanding.” I repeat this several times until we enter to his small office. Then we sat down.

He started to make all kinds of allegations to me. He was angry because my complaint went to the principle of the school through my mom. It was passed on to him. He asked what I have to say about that! I was surprised and tried to speak, but I felt the hand of Jesus covered my mouth. I couldn’t say a word. Then the supervisor went on to belittle me and said, “Who do you think you are? Better than anyone?”  Again, I tried to speak, and again Jesus put His hand over my mouth. (Belittle= to make a person seem little or not important)

I felt awkward and the supervisor finally let me go. It was a recess time and I went to the girl’s restroom and I cried. My good Christian friend encouraged me to stand strong in the Lord and she prayed with me. The moment we left the restroom, I felt the power of God and I felt my face aglow with such love inside of me. Among the crowd of students, the supervisor watched me very closely. Then the recess was over and I went into another classroom. I felt so blessed and those around me asked what happened. I just said, “Oh, everything is just fine.”

My mom taught me to memorize this verse, “Let the words of my mouth be of wisdom and the mediation of my heart shall be of understanding.” I never knew where to find that scripture until I had the technology Bible. I learned the exact quote, “My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the mediation of my heart shall be of understanding.” But I like mom’s translation: “Let the words of my mouth be of wisdom . . .”

The word, wisdom means from one simple dictionary quoted: Knowledge, experience, and good judgment. Other dictionary defined more details: 1. a: learning acquired over a period of time: KNOWLEDGE b: ability to see beneath the surface of things: INSIGHT c: a good sense: JUDGEMENT 2: a wise attitude, belief, or course of action.

Why Jesus did covered my mouth? I don’t know, but I remember the verse that says, “He was oppressed, and He was afflicted, yet He opened not His mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb (silence), so He openeth not His mouth” (Isaiah 53:7, Acts. 8:32).

There is a time to be silence and there is a time to speak up. At that time, it probably might not do any good to reason with supervisor since his anger took over. So Jesus knew this and He helped me to be silence at that time. This example might teach us when there is a time to be silence and let God do His work. My testimony … it was worth trusting the almighty God. It was an awesome experience I have never forgotten.

So let us trust God today!!!

No comments: