Friday, March 6, 2015

Find Wisdom (3/4-6)

04-06 March 2015 - Find Wisdom – Fresh Manna by Dorothy Callies

Proverbs 3:13 KJV, “Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.” (NIV: Blessed are those who find wisdom.)

I was impressed with Proverbs 3:18 NLT, “Wisdom is a tree of life to those who embrace her; happy are those who hold her tightly.” Searching through the Bible references on wisdom, I realized there are so many to read from so I am sharing a few. One is Proverbs 3:19-20 NLT, “By wisdom the Lord founded the earth; by understanding he established the heavens. By his knowledge the deep fountains of the earth burst forth, and the clouds poured down rain.”

Then I had a question: “Who can understand God”? I checked this reference and found Job 26:14 “Lo, these are parts of his ways: but how little a portion is heard of him? But the thunder of his power ‘who can understand?’” From NLT, “These are some of the minor things He does, merely a whisper of His power. Who can understand the thunder of His power?”

In another word, “Who can understand God’s wisdom that made all things?” I noticed three words, wisdom, understanding, and knowledge in Prov. 3:19-20. God is the source of all wisdom and He alone is perfectly wise. Is there any wonder that God asked us just simply to trust Him? Deep inside my spirit, I sense an awesome experience that His wisdom, His understanding, and His knowledge touched my heart.

Quote from the Daily Bread devotion: “The truly wise person tries to see life from God’s point of view and chooses to live according to His wisdom.” One example around 1988, I could think of was about Tony’s fracture knee and when he fell at work. When I saw this, I said, “God, what are You up to?” I sensed that He had a plan, but what? Soon I learned that Tony studied the whole book of Hebrews into outlines and notes during those months he could not work. Incredible!

David Stecca asked Tony if he could do the Hebrews, Verse by Verse Bible Study with Deaf Video Communication. So Tony rewrote from what he had studied and did the Hebrews for the filming. Today, they are in the online, www.deafvideo.com. So you see, it was the wisdom of God that allow things to happen to Tony’s knee so we would see the wonderful book of Hebrews in sign language for the Deaf today.  

Do you see why it is important to trust God today?

SONG: HOW BIG IS GOD
How big is God: how big and wide His vast domain.
To try to tell these lips can only start.
He’s big enough to rule His mighty universe
Yet small enough to live within my heart.
(Inspiring Choruses)

No comments: