Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Does Wisdom Guarantee Success? (3/19-21)

19-21 March 2015 - Wisdom Guarantee Success? – Manna by Dorothy

John 15:4 NLT, “Abide in Me, and I in you.”

Question: Does spiritual wisdom guarantee success?

Let’s see what Paul has to say: 1 Corinthians 1:19-21 NLT, As the Scriptures say, “I will destroy human wisdom and discard their most brilliant ideas.” So where does this leave the philosophers, the scholars, and the world’s brilliant debaters? God has made them all look foolish and has shown their wisdom to be useless nonsense. Since God in His wisdom saw to it that the world would never find Him through human wisdom, He has used our foolish preaching to save all who believe.

Can people with just human wisdom and their most brilliant ideas guarantee success? God answered: “I will destroy human wisdom and throw away their most brilliant ideas” if they tried to find God through their own intelligent mind.

Let’s see what Jesus has to say: Matthew 7:24-25 NTL, “Anyone who listens to My teaching and obeys me is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse, because it is built on rock.”

Spiritual wisdom guarantee success only if you like a person who builds a house on solid rock. That solid Rock is Jesus, Himself. He said, “If you listen to My teaching and obey Me, you are wise.” The key is “listen to His teaching and obey Him.”

What happened to a person who does not have spiritual wisdom? Jesus said, “But anyone who hears My teaching and ignores it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will fall with a mighty crash” Matthew 7:26-27 NLT.

Jesus said, “Abide in Me, and I in you. As a branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me” (John 15:4). Jesus is the Vine and we, His followers, are the branches. If we are honest, we know we are completely helpless and spiritually, we would not succeed without Him.

So the answer from the Scripture is: “Come here and listen to Me! I’ll pour out the spirit of wisdom upon you and make you wise” Proverbs 1:23 NLT. That is a promise of God.

Song: The Rock That Never Moves
When days are warm and the sun shine bright,
And all is beautiful and light,
My faith never wavers, My hopes never dim;
For Jesus is my Rock, And I stand on Him.
Chorus:
And the Rock never moves beneath my feet,
Tho’ raging storms around me beat;
I stand secure, My safe retreat is
Christ, the Rock of Ages.
(Margot Zilch, Sing His Praise)

No comments: