Monday, February 9, 2015

Surprise? (2/9-10)

Isaiah 55:8 “My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor your ways My ways,” says the Lord.

Sometimes when I asked Tony, “What would you like for supper?” Tony would say, “Surprise me!” I thought, groaned, “Why does he do that?” He sometimes like surprise as it often delights him. He told me story of how his mom would makes Christmas really special for four growing boys every year. The boys would be upstairs excitedly waiting to hear their mom to start to play the piano with a Christmas song. It was a signal that they could come running down fast and excitedly opened their Christmas gifts.

Do you like surprises? We do sometimes. What about God? Does God like surprises? Throughout the Bible we read that God delights in doing the unexpected. Sometimes it’s folding back the waters for His people to cross a sea on dry ground (Ex. 14:21-22). Today, it is still an amazing story to hear one of God’s wonder. The song called, “How Great is Our God,” one line says, “He rolled back the waters of the mighty Red Sea.”

When Jesus was on earth, He did amazing events that pointed people to His Father—He turned water into wine, calmed storms, healed the sick and raised the dead. Taught about forgiving and embracing those who repent of their sin (Ps. 130:1-4). The people in Jesus’ days, were often surprised that God’s ways were different than their ways.

Then what kind of God do we serve? You know, sometimes our mind cannot really imagine what God can really do. Our mind thinks God is limited, but God wants to remind us that God’s thought and His ways are not like ours. He wants to bless us with far more wonderful that we ever thought or dream of. Here Isaiah 55:8-9 in KJV tells us that God said:

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.”

What delights God the most? It is His children who trust Him! Again, I say, God delights in His children who trust Him! So let’s trust God today!

SONG: How Great is Our God
How great is our God,
How great is His Name:
He’s the greatest One,
Forever the same.
He rolled back the waters
Of the mighty Red Sea
And He said, “I’m going to lead you,
Put your trust in Me.” (Inspiring Choruses)

No comments: