Tuesday, February 17, 2015

God of Patience (2/17-18)

17-18 February 2015 - God of Patience – Fresh Manna by Dorothy Callies

Romans 15:5 KJV, “Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus.”

Patience? Who would want to have patience? Who would ever thought that God would have lots of patience? What does the word patience means? It means the quality or state of being patient. The word, patient means 1. Putting up with pains or hardships calmly or without complaint. 2. Showing calm self-control 3. Not hasty or reckless 4. STEADFAST 1. Firmly fixed in place; not subject to change 2. Firm in belief, determination, or allegiance.

I have never thought that the word, patience involves “putting up with pains” or “hardships calmly” and “without complaint?” This is one of the nine fruit of the Spirit which is “longsuffering.” KJV in Galatians 5:22-23 doesn’t say “patience,” but longsuffering does. Longsuffering involves ‘lasting endure hardship with patient.’

What was I thinking when it comes to this? I have seen other Deaf going through some kind of painful hardships physically and financially. Then the other day, somehow I lost my patience and I was shocked at myself for swearing. I said, “God, why did I do that? What’s happening?”

Then God led me to search the scriptures on ‘the God of patience.’ I was impressed when I saw this, ‘God of patience?’ Two things: First on God, Himself and this subject is broad so I will focus on the second thing is us, “… grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Jesus Christ.”

What are you going through? Why do we have to go through this and that? First when I think about God of patience, He set an example that He is a very patient God and that He has a plan for you and me. Groan! Sigh! God’s goal is to comfort you and me for “putting up with pains” and grant you and me to be like the God of patience toward one another just like Jesus Christ. This is tough! So we pray for Holy Spirit to help us through.

Inspiration: God is giving us the answer to all of “why pains?” God wants us to go deeper and yield to Holy Spirit’s flowing of God’s presence. When I do that, I noticed something happen inside my inner-spirit, I can’t explain. But I know God is working. So let us trust God’s work in us, the God of patience who will give us the comfort to go through the pains to become like Jesus Christ and He will give us the patience toward one to another.

Sometimes there are no words to express what we are all going through such as painful experiences, but there is one thing we could do is to sing this song of comfort, “Standing Somewhere …” Jesus will be there for you!

Song: Standing Somewhere in the Shadows
Standing somewhere in the shadows you’ll find Jesus.
He’s the one who always cares and understands.
Standing somewhere in the shadows you will find Him.
And you’ll know Him by the nail prints in His hands.
(Inspiring Choruses)

No comments: