Thursday, February 12, 2015

Stop! (2/13-14)

Song: Stop! And Let Me Tell You
Stop! And let me tell you
What the good Lord's done for me;
Stop! And let me tell you
How the good Lord set me free,
     For He has healed my body & saved my soul,
Baptized me and made me whole;
Stop! And let me tell you
What the good Lord's done for me.
[Author unknown, collection of songs]

Dorothy: I could think of one story of Jesus who was walking with many people around Him. Somebody had touched the border of his garment and He stopped walking. He said, “Who touched Me?” Peter was surprised and said, "What? There are people all around touching You."

Jesus said, "No, this was a special touch because I felt the power went out of Me." The woman came to Jesus and told Him what she did. Jesus was impressed and said to her, "Go in peace because it was your faith that made you whole". She was the one that stopped Jesus from walking and she received her healing. [Ref. Luke 8:43-48]

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for this story of hope. And give us strength not to give up believing in Your Son, Jesus whom we could touch Him by faith. Thank you for giving us strength to be like this woman who was determined to be healed. Holy Spirit, help us to remember God's promises of healing power that belong to us, in Jesus' name. Amen!
[Some revision from July 2008 Fresh Manna]

My Testimony: There were a few people who have said to me: “You must have worked very hard on Fresh Manna and spent hours on it!” While I appreciate that, but I say, “STOP! And let me tell you!” God’s Word inspires me. It is God that led me day by day. God has taught me many things. He alone receive this glory.

I enjoy writing Manna little at a time and grow with God’s Word. James 1:5-6 is my favorite verses when I lack wisdom. I ask God for help. He enjoys giving me wisdom. I just let the Manna flows in me because God’s word is alive and working inside of me (Heb. 4:12).

It is like a story of Israelites’ 40 years Wanderings in the wilderness and God send them Fresh Manna six days a week. They just go and gathered the Manna for their food. That is what I do. I just get Manna from what God has already provided, the Bible and various devotions to read from. I live by faith day by day. I pray that Fresh Manna will bless us, refresh us, physically and spiritually in Jesus’ name. Amen!

No comments: