Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Love Your Neighbors (2/3-4)

Luke 6:36 KJV, “Be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.”

The word, merciful means having mercy or showing mercy. Now the word, mercy means a kind and gentle treatment of someone. Actually, the word mercy has a very broad subject and I could only choose this one example, “kind and gentle.” Be kind and gentle, just as your Father is also kind and gentle, Jesus said.

When Jesus said, “Show mercy,” what did he meant by that? Show kindness and be gentle just like the story of Samaritan who did to the man who was hurt and in need of help. Jesus also said to the Pharisees “to show mercy and not using judgment toward others.” [Ref. Luke 10:37; Matt. 23:23]  

What does God called us to do? God calls believers to show love by doing good works through “kindness and gentleness” in our attitude toward others. “Since God chose you to be the holy (separated) people whom He loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, humility, gentleness, and patience” (Colossians 3:12 NLT).

Paul said, “Be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted …” Eph. 4:32a. Here’s a few examples: When you see someone sad or grumpy, you could say with a cheery expression, “Good morning, isn’t God wonderful?” Or you could say, “Good morning, God has already blessed you!” May God uses you to help others turn their attention to Him to see His goodness (Ps. 33:5).

Inspiration: Often I asked God to put within me a “merciful spirit” which means a “kind spirit” to others. It just makes you feel good when the Holy Spirit takes over and the feelings were so tender, you couldn’t believe it! So the song of love for our neighbor might be helpful to allow the Holy Spirit to take over and shine through us. Amen? Amen!

Song: I’ve Got Love for My Neighbor

I’ve got love for my neighbor,
love for my neighbor,
I’ve got love for my neighbor in my soul.
I’ve got love for my neighbor,
love for my neighbor,
I’ve got love for my neighbor in my soul.
(Inspiring Choruses)

No comments: