Friday, August 22, 2014

God's Judgment - Part 5 (8/22-24)

22-24 August 2014 – The Stories of God’s Judgment – Part Five  

Eph. 2:21 NLT, “We who believe are carefully joined together, becoming a holy temple for the Lord.”

Have I ever seen God’s judgment during my life time? The Lord spoke to my heart to share some of the stories with you. Perhaps we could learn something and share with others as a warning. I summarized five stories and some without names for their protection.

I remembered as a teenager, the night of revival meeting at Riverside, California. We participated with the hearings nightly revival church. There was a man who had walked in the revival church while we were praying at the altar seeking the Lord. He used his bad languages of cursing and insulting the whole church and then he left. Sometime later, someone had reported to us that he was killed by the car right after he had left the church. We realized he had spoken against the temple of God. God’s judgment was pretty swift (fast).  

Once a minister had given Tony a bad name saying that Tony had led “false doctrine.” The District supported Tony and said that it wasn’t false doctrine at all. Some of the Deaf were shocked that they were wrong and became miserable for a long time. We were thankful for God’s grace of forgiveness. Unfortunately, a minister who had given Tony a bad name lost his minister licensed.

Another member accused me of doing Satan’s work. I prayed to Lord out loud (in sign language) to the member. I handed over the accusation to the Lord and wept with a broken heart. I said that my responsibility God had called me to do was handed over to the member to take that responsibility. Soon the member became so miserable and was not able to talk about it. The member went away for three months. I believe it was God’s grace that a member was being spared because many years later, I had met this member and we hugged with love and forgiveness. I was grateful for that.

Another story: Once the Lord had me to work with one minister and this minister was blessed by the Lord. But eventually one deaf friend who rode with this minister had terribly complained against me. This deaf tried to explain that it was the Lord who had revealed the deep things concerning the health problem and to check with the doctor. The doctor encouraged the member to slow down due to the heart problem. The minister moved out of state and soon he died. Was this God’s judgment? I don’t know. The doctor may have told him that his life would be short.

Other state had hired Tony as a full time pastor with 100% vote. Nine months later, one deaf board asked Tony to resign in spite of all evidences proven against the false accusations. God’s judgment fell upon that church average 50 attendance which downsize to only three deaf boards. During our short stay in that area, I had prayed and fasted that there would be a “Deaf Outreach Ministry.” Then we moved to Chicago for another ministry. Many months later, a deaf person wrote a letter that an independent pastor had started a new deaf church called, “Deaf Outreach Ministry.” Five years later, one deaf board deeply apologized and asked Tony if he could come back to pastor the church once again. [End of stories]
  
To be continued.

No comments: