Monday, August 25, 2014

Songs: The Name of Jesus (8/25)

Ephesians 5:19-20 “Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; (20) Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the NAME of our LORD JESUS CHRIST.”  

Dorothy: Sometimes I use the songs while I am praying for someone in need of healing. I use the name of person instead of ‘us’, ‘my’ or ‘me’. While I was doing this, it brought a beautiful feelings of unity. The prayer songs go right into the very throne of God just like a fragrance to Him. The name of Jesus is like a fragrance after the rain. God bless you.

Song: That Beautiful Name
That beautiful Name,
That beautiful Name,
From sin has power to free us!
That beautiful Name,
That wonderful Name,
That matchless Name is Jesus.
(Jean Perry, altered 1916, Sing His Praise)

Song: Jesus, Name Above All Names
Jesus, name above all names,
Beautiful Savior, glorious Lord,
Emmanuel, God is with us,
Blessed Redeemer, Living Word.
(Naida Hearn, 1974, 1978 Scripture In Song,
Administered by Maranatha! Music, Sing His Praise)

Song: Jesus, Lord to Me
Jesus, Jesus, Lord to me;
Master, Savior, Prince of Peace,
Ruler of my heart today,
Jesus, Lord to me.
(Lyrics & Music: Gary McSpadden;
Greg Nelson, Sing His Praise)

No comments: