Saturday, August 30, 2014

I Saw No Temple - Part 10 (8/30-31)

30-31 August 2014 - I Saw No Temple - Part 10 End – Manna by Dorothy Callies

John 21:22 KJV, “And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.”

Reading from KJV Revelation 21:1-3 “And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I, John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God.”

The New Jerusalem may be the capital of the new earth. The city has gates through which the righteous may enter and leave since the gates are never closed. Rev. 21:25 NCV, “The city’s gates will never be shut on any day, because there is no night there.” Abraham and all of God’s faithful waited for that day when the New Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven and of which God is architect and builder (Heb. 11:10).

Revelation 21:22-24 NCV, “I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the city’s temple. The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, because the glory of God is its light, and the Lamb is the city’s lamp. By its light the people of the world will walk, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it.”

Rev. 22:4 KJV, “And they shall see His face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.” The commentary from the Full Life Study Bible states this: This is the final goal of redemptive history: God dwelling in the midst of His faithful people on an earth purged from all evil. On this new earth the saints will see and dwell with Jesus, the Lamb of God, who through love redeemed them by His death on the cross. Their greatest happiness will be: “Blessed are the pure in heart; for they shall see God” (Matt.5:8). O glory to God of heaven!

Song: O That Will Be Glory
O that will be . . glory for me, . .
Glory for me, . . glory for me; . .
When by His grace
I shall look on His face, . .
That will be glory, . .
be glory for me . . .
(Words by Charles Hutchinson Gabriel,
Sing His Praise)

Song: Lord, Keep Me Shining
Lord, keep me shining for Thee,
O keep me shining for Thee.
In a world wrap in night,
keep me pure, keep me white,
Lord, keep me shining for Thee,
O keep me shining for Thee,
until I behold Thy Face.
(Words & Music by Chalvar A. Gabriel)

No comments: